Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 TOP USB Programmer
 Top2049 with Vista

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinhead Posted - 04/13/2009 : 02:26:33
For those who have issues with Top programmers and Vista :

The software is based on older WinDirver version. To fix the registration you will need a new wdreg.exe, wdreg16.exe and difxapi.dll.
With wdreg.exe you can then register the driver ( even the older version which comes with Top software toghter ) - you might get some driver compatibility warrnings -so just accept.

Thats all - unfortunately i was unable to contact the Top developers - in principle they have only to replace the wdreg and include the difxapi.dll in their setup.

I'm personaly using wderg from WIndriver 9.21 - not sure if Jungo have issues on posting their executables, you might try the trial version to get the wdreg.exe and difxapi.dll

You can also download from here - www.trsoft.de/transfer/driver.zip

Edit :

some additional info, in case you have already tried to install the drivers, you have to uninstall it, use command prompt, go to the top\drives directory and run:

wdreg.exe -inf windrvr6.inf uninstall
wdreg.exe -inf topwin.inf uninstall
wdreg.exe -inf top3000.inf uninstall

Reboot computer, connect top2049, if asked for drivers cancel.

Go again to the Top\drivers directory and run :

wdreg.exe -inf windrvr6.inf install
wdreg.exe -inf topwin.inf install
wdreg.exe -inf top3000.inf install

If asked, click on 'yes install driver...'

Reconnect top2049 and start the software, it should work, if not replay all these steps, sometimes during the uninstallation one of the oemxx.onf files can be missing, so just copy then the whatever.inf into windows\inf directory - use the oemxx.inf missing name ...

Thats all, this has been tested few times already - unfortunately i have too many computers with Vista :)

And finally,it wors also with Windows 7 Beta, important is only to have the right one wdreg and difxapi.dll - the originaly included in top software are just too old and not Vista complaint.

For all who do updates of the top software regulary - it might better to install it in vmware/other XP box and then just copy the directorys over to the Vista computer ( to overwrite existing installation ) - or to run topwin5.exe /X C:\temp to unpack the files from installer, if you run directly the setup of the new version of software, the old included wdreg might destroy the registry , so you will have to uninstall/install like mentioned above manually ...
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
simeon Posted - 06/10/2009 : 07:36:49
ps... dont forget to reduce usb port speed to 12mbps

and not use 480mbps max speed of usb 2.1 ports in most machines

either use usb 1.1 or use a hub for 12mbps in the middle

or face some chips not write but mostly read is ok

but reports say read can be an issue if you dont stick to 12mbps usb 1.1
top 3.xxx im sure wont suffer from this flaw in usb driver c++ directives not there

or more over top forget to add them to there usb driver implimentation

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000