Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Automobile engine ECU, Immo, Air bag chip tunning
 GM vehicle from 1982 to 1995

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ZLM Posted - 12/07/2007 : 09:11:48
Which programmer is the best for GM vehicle from 1982 to 1995??

The QG-3X or GQ-4X is the best as part of chip tuner kit. It is capable of tuning most Chevy, Pontiac, GMC, Buick, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Holden or other GM vehicle from 1982 to 1995. The comes with all programming hardware and software needed to tune. With this kit, you can erase and re-burn all EEPROM chips from the factory ECM.

Also, by adding a UV eraser, all UV type EPROM chips can be easily erased and programmed.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Six_Shooter Posted - 05/02/2008 : 18:12:34
Most of the factory GM chips are EPROM, so to eliminate the use of an UV eraser, most people switch over to the SST27SF512 or similar EEPROMs.

Also some GM ECMs, namely the '7747, used in TBI trucks from '88 to '94 (IIRC), and early Buick 3.8L (Grand National, turbo regal, etc), use a 2732 UV erasable EPROM. Most early tuners found that these chips weren't very reliable when programming multiple times. The problem only seemed to get worse the older the chips got. NOS 2732s were somestimes unusable even for a first programming. These ECMs can use the SST27SF 512 chips as well, they just require the original socket to be replaced with a regular 24 pin DIP socket, and then an adaptor to be used to change the address of the chips to F000, when read by the ECM. Adding a ZIF socket will make it easy to swap E/EPROMs when multiple changes are needed.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000