MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 devices.txt file

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rokgpsman Posted - 02/14/2018 : 18:07:30
I have a GQ-4X programmer and saw that there is newer software for the GQ-4x4 programmer (GQUSBprg 7.15), but a note saying not to use it with the GQ-4X. The devices.txt file that comes with this ver 7.15 software has a newer date than the devices.txt file that came with my GQUSBprg 6.38 software. Would it be beneficial for me to use this newer devices.txt to get an updated device list? I could download the 7.15 software, install it into a dummy folder and then copy the devices.txt file to my GQ-4X folder.

Or is there a place to download the latest and most improved devices.txt file?

Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 02/16/2018 : 03:44:00
quote:
Originally posted by rokgpsman

Is there not an updated one posted somewhere on the website already? The GQ-4X has been available for years and users have been submitting their corrections and additions for all that time. Are you saying no one at MCUMall has updated the official devices.txt file that they supply with the GQ-4X software? Someone at the company must maintain and update the devices.txt file from time to time. It was updated when they came out with the GQ-4x4 model programmer. I'm confused by this, they update the GQUSBprg software program all the time, it is on rev 6.38 so that is 6 major revisions and 38 minor revs.

6.38 dates back to Sep-27-2015.
Old chips don't change much and latest ones are probably not supported.
rokgpsman Posted - 02/15/2018 : 19:19:56
Is there not an updated one posted somewhere on the website already? The GQ-4X has been available for years and users have been submitting their corrections and additions for all that time. Are you saying no one at MCUMall has updated the official devices.txt file that they supply with the GQ-4X software? Someone at the company must maintain and update the devices.txt file from time to time. It was updated when they came out with the GQ-4x4 model programmer. I'm confused by this, they update the GQUSBprg software program all the time, it is on rev 6.38 so that is 6 major revisions and 38 minor revs.
anniel Posted - 02/15/2018 : 18:18:05
quote:

Not a chip in particular, and not wanting new chips that the GQ-4X won't work with. I'm just wanting to see if there is a devices.txt file here on the website that has the latest edits and updates for chips that the GQ-4X does work with, like ordinary eproms. I see a lot of helpful posts from different people about correcting an entry in the devices.txt file, or adding devices to the file. But a person would have to read thru every post here on the forum and add these updates one at a time. Shouldn't there be one master devices.txt file that everyone can contribute corrections and updates to? As others have found, when I checked the devices.txt file that came with my GQ-4X software there were some eprom entries that needed fixing, like adding or changing Rvpp to 5v and WVcc to 6.5v. Stuff like that. A person can download the datasheets for different chips and edit the devices.txt file for themselves. But why should everyone that buys a GQ-4X have to do that over and over? We could all help each other by keeping one master devices.txt file on this website up to date. It's the same reason that the most current GQUSBprg software is kept in the download area, so people can have the most up to software and reduce problems when using the GQ-4X. A devices.txt file should be in the download area as a separate download, like the way the USB driver is done.

The devices.txt file is very important for proper operation of the GQ-4X. If the entries in the devices.txt file have the wrong parameter values then a person using the GQ-4X can have problems. Seems to me that keeping a good updated devices.txt file on the website here for download is needed.

The reason I asked about the software package that comes with the GQ-4x4 is I thought maybe the devices.txt file that comes with it would be more up to date than the devices.txt file that comes with the older software for the GQ-4X.

You're welcome to upload a fully corrected file and I'm sure ZLM would add it to the download area or to the next software release.
rokgpsman Posted - 02/15/2018 : 08:49:10
Not a chip in particular, and not wanting new chips that the GQ-4X won't work with. I'm just wanting to see if there is a devices.txt file here on the website that has the latest edits and updates for chips that the GQ-4X does work with, like ordinary eproms. I see a lot of helpful posts from different people about correcting an entry in the devices.txt file, or adding devices to the file. But a person would have to read thru every post here on the forum and add these updates one at a time. Shouldn't there be one master devices.txt file that everyone can contribute corrections and updates to? As others have found, when I checked the devices.txt file that came with my GQ-4X software there were some eprom entries that needed fixing, like adding or changing Rvpp to 5v and WVcc to 6.5v. Stuff like that. A person can download the datasheets for different chips and edit the devices.txt file for themselves. But why should everyone that buys a GQ-4X have to do that over and over? We could all help each other by keeping one master devices.txt file on this website up to date. It's the same reason that the most current GQUSBprg software is kept in the download area, so people can have the most up to software and reduce problems when using the GQ-4X. A devices.txt file should be in the download area as a separate download, like the way the USB driver is done.

The devices.txt file is very important for proper operation of the GQ-4X. If the entries in the devices.txt file have the wrong parameter values then a person using the GQ-4X can have problems. Seems to me that keeping a good updated devices.txt file on the website here for download is needed.

The reason I asked about the software package that comes with the GQ-4x4 is I thought maybe the devices.txt file that comes with it would be more up to date than the devices.txt file that comes with the older software for the GQ-4X.
anniel Posted - 02/15/2018 : 04:29:45
quote:

I have a GQ-4X programmer and saw that there is newer software for the GQ-4x4 programmer (GQUSBprg 7.15), but a note saying not to use it with the GQ-4X. The devices.txt file that comes with this ver 7.15 software has a newer date than the devices.txt file that came with my GQUSBprg 6.38 software. Would it be beneficial for me to use this newer devices.txt to get an updated device list? I could download the 7.15 software, install it into a dummy folder and then copy the devices.txt file to my GQ-4X folder.

Or is there a place to download the latest and most improved devices.txt file?

Thanks!

Some devices may not be supported by the older GQ-4X.
Are you looking for a part number in particular?

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000