MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Can't erase 28C16

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
BobA Posted - 08/24/2017 : 16:20:41
I have a GQ-4x4 with the 7.11 software. One of the supported devices is the AT28C16 and the programmer can program it, but when attempting to erase the device, it pops up an error about not being able to erase this device.

How can I enable the erase?

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 09/21/2017 : 21:04:25
28C16 is EEPROM chip. It does not need to be erased before write. Fill the buffer with FF and then write will erase whole chip. Also, try slower speed when write fail.
anniel Posted - 09/15/2017 : 05:32:02
quote:
Originally posted by BobA

Okay, so apparently nobody else has used a 28C16 with a GQ-4x4.

Is there a good definition of exactly what all the fields in the device descriptor file mean? Can I specifically program the erase algorithm, which voltages to apply to which pins, etc? The only documentation I found so far was lacking details. Maybe there is a more detailed explanation of how to add new devices somewhere? If I can find the documentation, I can probably solve my current problem.

Right in the devices.txt.
anniel Posted - 09/15/2017 : 05:31:21
quote:
Originally posted by BobA

I have a GQ-4x4 with the 7.11 software. One of the supported devices is the AT28C16 and the programmer can program it, but when attempting to erase the device, it pops up an error about not being able to erase this device.

How can I enable the erase?

Maybe you have an OTP.
BobA Posted - 08/28/2017 : 17:08:13
Okay, so apparently nobody else has used a 28C16 with a GQ-4x4.

Is there a good definition of exactly what all the fields in the device descriptor file mean? Can I specifically program the erase algorithm, which voltages to apply to which pins, etc? The only documentation I found so far was lacking details. Maybe there is a more detailed explanation of how to add new devices somewhere? If I can find the documentation, I can probably solve my current problem.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000