MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 ADP-004 doesn't work w M35080-6

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vibroverbus Posted - 11/30/2016 : 15:37:27
Same old topic that's been posted before by many customers.

Have the ADP-004 adapter.
Have an M35080-6 thats fresh out of a BMW cluster. It absolutely has data on it.

CG-4X can't read ANYTHING from it. All FF is returned.

I suspect the chip orientation, or, the ADP-004 orientation in the ZIF is perhaps wrong but there is NO DOCUMENTATION as to how this is supposed to be setup. The little picture in the software is pretty useless.

Question: What orientation EXACTLY is the ADP-004 supposed to be? Which pins from adapter and which direction (ADP-004 is poorly marked with zero indication of the 1 pin location and alignment in the ZIF)?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 04/26/2018 : 14:53:53
quote:
Originally posted by vibroverbus

Screwing around with these chips again and forgot entirely that I'd started a topic here.

Well:

I've discovered at least one fact that is the source of many of the complaints about these chips, that seems inadequately / inaccurately documented:

Chips that are labeled as M38050-6 that are used in BMW instrument clusters (as well as probably some other makes and modules I am guessing...), do not use the standard ADP-004 pinout.

They very definitely absolutely use the 'special' pinout aka the ADP-088 pinout.

So for those of us with the GQ-4x or older programmers, and trying to read those specific chips, the doc is incorrect. USE THE ADP-088 CONNECTION for reading those old BMW-cluster chips.

Now, whether there are different M38050-6 chips that use the old 'standard' / ADP-004 pinout, I don't know. Could be, and it could be the BMW chips were silkscreened as -6 when they are really -V6 or whatever. But I guarantee that if you are trying to read those (and those are generally any BMW cluster chip from the early 2000's...), you need to use the ADP-088 pinout remapping, and ignore the posts and threads on this board that say the M38050-6 can use the ADP-004. That is not correct for BMW-cluster chips at the very least.

Good contribution.
vibroverbus Posted - 04/26/2018 : 04:16:55
Screwing around with these chips again and forgot entirely that I'd started a topic here.

Well:

I've discovered at least one fact that is the source of many of the complaints about these chips, that seems inadequately / inaccurately documented:

Chips that are labeled as M38050-6 that are used in BMW instrument clusters (as well as probably some other makes and modules I am guessing...), do not use the standard ADP-004 pinout.

They very definitely absolutely use the 'special' pinout aka the ADP-088 pinout.

So for those of us with the GQ-4x or older programmers, and trying to read those specific chips, the doc is incorrect. USE THE ADP-088 CONNECTION for reading those old BMW-cluster chips.

Now, whether there are different M38050-6 chips that use the old 'standard' / ADP-004 pinout, I don't know. Could be, and it could be the BMW chips were silkscreened as -6 when they are really -V6 or whatever. But I guarantee that if you are trying to read those (and those are generally any BMW cluster chip from the early 2000's...), you need to use the ADP-088 pinout remapping, and ignore the posts and threads on this board that say the M38050-6 can use the ADP-004. That is not correct for BMW-cluster chips at the very least.
ZLM Posted - 12/03/2016 : 21:39:47
If your programmer is older version GQ-4x, then the ADP-004 does not work. You need ADP-088 and remap the pins.
see: http://www.mcumall.com/support/ADP-088_Connection.html

If your programmer is the latest version GQ-4x4, then the ADP-004 is good enough.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000