MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Mostek MK36000

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jbenny Posted - 04/17/2011 : 21:23:14
I need to read several ROMs from an old piece of equipment. They are Mostek MK36000, which is an 8K x 8 ROM. They appear to be pin compatible with a Motorola MCM68766 EPROM. Neither part is in the device list of my GQ4X. How can I add this part?

Edit: It looks like the 2364 ROM is also pin compatible, but it also is not listed in the software.

Note that all of these are 24 pin parts.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 08/27/2019 : 02:48:21
quote:
Originally posted by daniel62

Hi, I'm new to the forum and beginner with programmers. I have the same problem. I bought mostek 36000 ROM kit for HP 3456A voltmeter and also bought Eprom motorola MCM68766C35 pin compatible, now I would like to copy mostek data and transfer it to motorola. If you solved it, can you explain how you did it?

Did you wire up your adapter correctly?
daniel62 Posted - 08/27/2019 : 02:28:09
Hi, I'm new to the forum and beginner with programmers. I have the same problem. I bought mostek 36000 ROM kit for HP 3456A voltmeter and also bought Eprom motorola MCM68766C35 pin compatible, now I would like to copy mostek data and transfer it to motorola. If you solved it, can you explain how you did it?
jbenny Posted - 04/19/2011 : 09:03:23
Some further information.

It looks like the MK36000 may need the OE line toggled when reading each consecutive address. If this is true, then that would explain why I get no data. However, this doesn't explain why others have been able to read these chips using an adapter. Perhaps their programmer toggles OE when reading a 2764.
jbenny Posted - 04/19/2011 : 08:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

If your chip is blank(use blank check to test), then it could be any following reason:

1. the chip is blank.
2. the adapter is not connected correctly.
3. the chip is not 2764 reading algorithm compatible.

1. Since the chips are in a working piece of equipment, they obviously are not blank.

2. I have double checked the adapter and it is wired correctly.

3. Very possibly. This is the reason I came here asking for a definition for these chips. Instead of help, I get obvious and useless advice.

As I stated, I can email a datasheet if needed. I'm still asking for a definition to add this chip to the supported device list. Others come here asking for devices to be added and help is provided. I'm asking for the same level of help.
ZLM Posted - 04/19/2011 : 08:00:41
If your chip is blank(use blank check to test), then it could be any following reason:

1. the chip is blank.
2. the adapter is not connected correctly.
3. the chip is not 2764 reading algorithm compatible.

jbenny Posted - 04/18/2011 : 15:09:13
I wired an adapter that is supposed to read the MK36000 as per several internet sources. Using the adapter, I tried reading the MK36000 with 2764 (and variants) as the selected device.

According to the various internet sources, this configuration has been used to read the MK36000 and similar parts on other EPROM programmers. However, I get no data using my GQ4X. I even tried plugging in a 9V power adapter to the GQ4X. Still no data.

I really could use a proper definition for the MK36000 so I can read these chips. These Mostek parts and similar 24 pin parts were very common in older Tektronix and HP test equipment. The problem is, the Mostek parts are known to loose their data over time. I want to read these good ROMs before they go bad.

Any help would be appreciated. I can email a datasheet if needed.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000