Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Novice Place
 Understanding Device Location

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
w2hx Posted - 04/26/2020 : 10:34:37
Hello there. I am trying to understand the device location picture. Below is what I get for a dallas one wire chip. What I can't figure out is:
1. what is the meaning of the red #18 pin? Is that supposed to be pin 1 of the chip?
2. There appears to be a gray dot on pin 20. Is this intended to mean pin 1 of the chip?

This chip, DS28EC20, comes in both a TO-92 form factor (like a transistor, and TSOC form factor. I am assuming this depiction on the device location image is attempting to show the TO-92? To the right, there appears to be something attempting to show the flat side and the convex side of the TO-92, but I can't figure out what it is trying to show.

Any help appreciated. thanks
W2HX

Image Insert:

23884 bytes
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 04/26/2020 : 13:35:46
quote:
Originally posted by w2hx

aaah. ok thank you!

You're welcome.
w2hx Posted - 04/26/2020 : 12:19:16
aaah. ok thank you!
anniel Posted - 04/26/2020 : 11:50:31
quote:

Thank you, anniel. Can you tell me what the red 18 signifies? I see this for other chips as well? Thanks again

It indicates where the device starts on the ZIF as it is rarely at pin 1.
w2hx Posted - 04/26/2020 : 11:01:09
Thank you, anniel. Can you tell me what the red 18 signifies? I see this for other chips as well? Thanks again
anniel Posted - 04/26/2020 : 10:50:06
quote:

Hello there. I am trying to understand the device location picture. Below is what I get for a dallas one wire chip. What I can't figure out is:
1. what is the meaning of the red #18 pin? Is that supposed to be pin 1 of the chip?
2. There appears to be a gray dot on pin 20. Is this intended to mean pin 1 of the chip?

This chip, DS28EC20, comes in both a TO-92 form factor (like a transistor, and TSOC form factor. I am assuming this depiction on the device location image is attempting to show the TO-92? To the right, there appears to be something attempting to show the flat side and the convex side of the TO-92, but I can't figure out what it is trying to show.

Any help appreciated. thanks
W2HX

Image Insert:

23884 bytes

That looks like a TO-92 and pin 1 is 20 on the ZIF.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000