Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Novice Place
 AM29F800BB

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dieselmech_pt Posted - 02/26/2022 : 11:18:56
Hello,

I've own a Mini-Pro TL866 for a few years now and use it mainly for car ecu work. Unfortunately it is unable to protect sectors on the AM29F800 series chip, so I took the plunge and bought a GQ-4x4 off Amazon with the AD019 adapter. I can read the chip and program it without and problems, but the issue I have is that I am unable to protect sectors, I can read them to see their status but the protect and unprotect buttons remain greyed out. Am I missing something ?
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dieselmech_pt Posted - 07/31/2022 : 10:51:09
Ok, I've been away for a while with house moving etc.

I uninstalled & reinstalled the software, installed it on a desktop system with win7/win10 64bit dual boot, but still the option to lock sectors is greyed out
I have no more chips to try it on, i'm down to my last one so I can only assume that the GQ4x4 is unable to lock sectors on this particular eeprom
anniel Posted - 04/13/2022 : 04:54:48
quote:
Originally posted by dieselmech_pt

Unbelievable, no one is able to help me solve this issue ? only bought the GQ4x4 because I wanted to be able to lock the AM29F800's, looks like I've wasted my money.

Did you try to uninstall and reinstall the software?
dieselmech_pt Posted - 04/12/2022 : 11:13:16
Unbelievable, no one is able to help me solve this issue ? only bought the GQ4x4 because I wanted to be able to lock the AM29F800's, looks like I've wasted my money.
dieselmech_pt Posted - 03/07/2022 : 11:52:20
Yes i know that already, But I still have the same issue of not being able to lock the sectors that I would like to.
anniel Posted - 03/06/2022 : 06:17:15
quote:

I'm unable to load a picture to show what I mean, Also it's a 29F800BT chip, not the BB version.

Top or bottom boot block configurations are the only differences between BB and BT suffixes.
dieselmech_pt Posted - 03/06/2022 : 05:39:42
I'm unable to load a picture to show what I mean, Also it's a 29F800BT chip, not the BB version.

dieselmech_pt Posted - 03/06/2022 : 05:28:59
I have selected the correct device and also tried a different AM29F800 chip, but still the same, I'm unable to protect the sectors sectors as it remains greyed out
anniel Posted - 02/27/2022 : 09:39:06
quote:

I'm using the latest version, 7.29 on my Windows 7 64 Bit Laptop

Cant see why the buttons would be grayed out if you select the right device.
dieselmech_pt Posted - 02/27/2022 : 08:42:27
I'm using the latest version, 7.29 on my Windows 7 64 Bit Laptop
anniel Posted - 02/26/2022 : 14:46:46
quote:

Hello,

I've own a Mini-Pro TL866 for a few years now and use it mainly for car ecu work. Unfortunately it is unable to protect sectors on the AM29F800 series chip, so I took the plunge and bought a GQ-4x4 off Amazon with the AD019 adapter. I can read the chip and program it without and problems, but the issue I have is that I am unable to protect sectors, I can read them to see their status but the protect and unprotect buttons remain greyed out. Am I missing something ?

What software version are you using?

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000