Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 PIC Programmer
 JDM Enhanced with ZIF 40pin need Com Port Info

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peterpclc Posted - 08/22/2008 : 12:37:57
I just bought the JDM Enhanced Programmer with ZIF 40 pin socket from ebay.

Would like to program PIC16C620A-20/P and PIC 16C65B-20/p.

The programmer was plugged directly to COM1 port and all software was set to that port (Used all three software programmer included in jdm_cd.zip file downloaded from:

http://www.mcumall.com/JDM_CD.zip (6.29MB)
as shown on the sticker on the programmer's plastic zip lock bag.

My question is which COM port settings do you set in Windows control panel. Mine was set to 9600 8bit No Parity 1 stop bit as default and I suspect that is where the problem is. All Serial/COM port devices need to have this setting for the device to communicate properly.

I don't see the correct setting anywhere on this BBS. Can someone with a working JDM enhanced programmer with 40pin ZIF socket tell me

1) Which operating system you are using (I have WIN ME)
2) COM port settings (located in Control Panel under System/COM1)mine is set to 9600 none 1 xon/xoff

I get no no programming success or reading success. I suspect the com port settings are wrong. I do get hardware check as JDM programmer. I do get the red and green lights which respond correctly.

Also tried trace cut and jumper wire from ICSP pin Vpp to 10k resistor rear leg. No success before or after modification.

I know about external and internal power jumper and was set to internal. I know about PIC # of pins jumper and it was moved to 1-2 for 40 pin Pic and 2-3 for 18 pin PIC. No success.

Both PIC chip types read the same 3FFF or 0000 whether blank or not.
I've not tried any other PIC types at this time only these two.

The COM1 port is known working on my computer as I use it with other programmers and serial devices.

I just feel that the settings on COM port need to be posted for the JDM Enhanced 40pin ZIP for me to get it to work.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 08/24/2008 : 10:20:27
There are no special setting on the comport from the Windows control pannel. That because the software does not use windows driver and will directly talk to the comport. So, the important stteing is in the JDM software.
Please see attached puicture.

Also,
-Please make sure the comport number is correct set in the software
-Make sure the cable you used is correct. If you are not sure, try to directly connect the programmer to the comport with out cable by removing two screws on the connecter.

Software example: WinPIC800:

49.48 KB

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000