Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Using The Enhanced/Dual power Willem Programmer
 dual power - 27C512 - programs all zeros

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
5-11under Posted - 10/07/2011 : 13:30:45
Hi there,

I just tried out my brand new dual power Willem programmer. I'm programming 27C512 chips. The hardware is present and the dip switches are set. I load in my data and I see it in the buffer. I do a blank check, which passes. I check the buffer, and it's still good. I program the chip. The Vpp and prog and power LEDs are all on, and it goes through the program cycle. The process stops when trying to verify the data. The PROM is full of zeros... . I tried it twice, once with USB for power, and once with a 12V DC supply connected instead. I haven't changed any other jumpers (the ones shown in yellow in the device diagram and Vpp are all set properly). The 5V6/5V jumper is set to 5V.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 10/07/2011 : 18:54:58
Use 0.97ja or ealier version software. Use 0.98 or later software if you set on PCB4.
5-11under Posted - 10/07/2011 : 16:40:26
Finally got this thing working. Looking forward to the different model purchased via eBay, but that's probably a month away, and I need this now.

Anyway, there's a pair of jumpers on the board labelled PCB4 something or other. The other side is very difficult to read, because most of the text is underneath the header. It says PCB3 or something like that, and both jumpers should be on that side. Without this change, any address above A7 stays at zero.

I see no note of this in the manual. :(
5-11under Posted - 10/07/2011 : 15:38:27
I set the printer to ECC+ECP, and that didn't help, unfortunately. By the way, I'm using software 0.97j.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.14 sec. Snitz Forums 2000