Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Automobile engine ECU, Immo, Air bag chip tunning
 Address lines scrambled

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sabercatpuck Posted - 12/18/2009 : 07:22:32
I am working on dissasembling the ECM for my car (well as junk yard version similar to my car) and found that several of the address lines were swapped (pairs A1-A13, A2-A12, A3-A11, A10-A14). Using a willem 5.0 is there any way to correct this while uploading the program in software or am I looking at needing to build a small conversion board to do it at a hardware level?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sabercatpuck Posted - 12/24/2009 : 10:12:57
I had already unsoldered the chip (and installed a socket). While making a copy of the data is not a problem with the scrambled address lines, trying to dissaemble the code is. It is like putting a piece of mail in a downtown holdout and expecting it to end up in the suburbs, makes it very difficult to get anything out of the disassembly. The adaptor was actually a bunch (32 to be specific) of wires (thin stuff from a piece of network cable) that I soldered on to the ends of a couple ribbon cables and then inserted into a socket with the chip, with the address lines going to where they needed to to get unscrambled data from the chip.
On a side note, when I tried to change a few things and flash it I apparently had a slightly different version of the chip (both 28f010's) that would not flash it, but that problem I have straightened out. I still may need to get a logic analyzer to watch the data flow though. Anyone know a way to tag into the PCI bus? You have 64 high speed data lines available for all your decoding needs if you can get at em. I have seen some on the parallel port, butt they only give you 8 bits which only lets you see the data.
ZLM Posted - 12/19/2009 : 22:03:32
The simplest way is un-soldering the chip and place the chip in an adapter. and then read it from the programmer.
sabercatpuck Posted - 12/18/2009 : 14:55:30
Well after several hours of messing around with some floppy cables and plugs I unsoldered from a motherboard I was able to set up a bear skins and bailing wire adaptor and was able to pull the data from the chip. Although if there are any people who know how to do this easier I still would like to know.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000