MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 GQ-4X reads from, but does not write to, M27Cxxx

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SparroHawc Posted - 03/22/2015 : 19:50:08
I purchased a GQ-4X with an accompanying ADP-054 adapter. I'm trying to burn two different kinds of EPROMs. One is the M27C160 and the other is the M27C322.

I seem to be able to read from the chips just fine. Admittedly I only have blank ones available to read from without potentially destroying some difficult-to-replace stuff, so I can't verify that.

When I attempt to write, it fails on the first address. I can read back the first address though, and when I read the failed burn, it appears as though the second most significant digit is incapable of writing a zero. If the second most significant digit of the first byte is a 1, it does attempt to write the second byte and will fail on that if it has a 0 for the second most significant digit.

e.g. I try to write

It fails, and when I read back from the chip, it reads

However, if the second digit is a 1, it moves on to the next byte.

I assume this is a hardware problem and not a software problem? It has the exact same issue with both chips mentioned.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SparroHawc Posted - 03/24/2015 : 20:35:17
Will do - thanks for your help, ZLM.
ZLM Posted - 03/24/2015 : 16:44:37
All programmers have warranty. Contact support@mcumall.com for the warranty. It is best if you can send back the programmer with your chip together, so that they can verify the problem, and send test the now programmer before send them to you.
SparroHawc Posted - 03/24/2015 : 00:17:40
I am using the correct jumper setting for the chip, and I have tried switching the V3/V4 jumper with no change (I usually leave it on V4 because I know these chips require relatively high voltage to write).

I have tried multiple chips and I have tried it multiple times, even shifting the chip and adapter a bit in the ZIF socket to make sure it has good contact.

The USB cable works fine; if it didn't, there is no way I would get as far as writing anything with a 1 for the second bit.

It may be that my adapter or burner are bad. I purchased the two as a set recently; is there a manufacturer warranty? Can I send them in for a replacement?
ZLM Posted - 03/23/2015 : 12:44:02
How do you know the reading is correct.

There are many reasons can cause the write fail:

1. Poor chip pin contacting with adapter.
2. poor contacting between adapter and programmer.
3. Bad chip.
4. Wrong jumper settings on adapter.
5. Bad USB cable?
6. Bad adapter?
7. Bad programmer?

So, you may need to do more testing to get more information. V3/V5 jumper to see if it makes different.
Also, try

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000