MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 programming MX29LV160BTC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eichelem Posted - 05/13/2015 : 22:51:26
Hello everyone

I've been having issues programming a MX29LV160BTC-90 chip.

I'd like to check and make sure I'm doing the correct thing because I cannot get it program. About 20 seconds in, the write failed. I was able to read and erase everything successfully, and after the fail, I was able to read half the information correctly.

The device I'm using is MX29LV160B with ADP-003.http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3102

Heres a copy/paste of what was shown in the log.

ID check OK
Writing... Code
Elapsed time: 18.65 seconds.
Write failed, Address=0x020001, Buffer=0xCE Device=0xC2
Write failed

Any assisting you folks wouldnt mind providing would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 05/16/2015 : 06:46:33
It seems something wrong.

There are many factors cause the programming fail:

1. pin contacting,
2. bad chip
3. adapter problem.
4. programmer issues
5. USB cable issues
6. computer USB port

Please try followings:

1. change another chip and see if it works.
2. Try it with different USB cable.
3. Try is on another computer.

This chip is been supported for many years. So, the software and algorithm has no problem, most likely the problem related to others.
eichelem Posted - 05/16/2015 : 00:56:17
Ok, so it seems I located one problem.

As suggested, the A17 pin on the tsop was actually slightly bend. I corrected that and can now fully write to it, but the verify fails each time.

I tried at several different speeds and each time it fails. I ended up dumping the information and comparing it to original and its always off at different locations. I did try it with and without an appropriate power adapter as well.

Any suggestions there? I definitely dont use this programmer enough for it to be giving me as many problems as it does.
eichelem Posted - 05/15/2015 : 10:07:12
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

It looks like the A17 is not connected good. Check your chip A17 and it should have connection to adapter bottom pin directly. Use multimeter to check.

Thanks. It seems like everything is connecting properly.

Am I using an incorrect adapter for this chip or just having an issue with my programmer. My GQ-4X has been giving me issues for about a year now and its very hit or miss, so I'm never sure what the problem actually is.
ZLM Posted - 05/14/2015 : 17:54:37
It looks like the A17 is not connected good. Check your chip A17 and it should have connection to adapter bottom pin directly. Use multimeter to check.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.04 sec. Snitz Forums 2000