MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Support for M29F800FB55N3F2

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DennisPf Posted - 06/16/2015 : 15:00:35
I recently purchased a GQ-4X along with a ADP-073 (TSOP48 (16bit) base board) & ADP-077 (TSOP48 ZIF socket top board) to program M29F800FB55N3F2 (This is a 5V, 8M-bit 1M x 8/512K x 16, 55ns, Parallel, Automotive NOR Flash in a 48-Pin TSOP package made by Micron/ST). Although direct support for this part was not listed on the website, I noted that the ADP-073 had support for a generic 29F800. Based on this and the fact that you can add new parts via the devices.txt file, I thought it should be pretty straight forward to get this working. Alas, best laid plans...

Here is what I added to devices.txt:

Name="29F800B",ID="XXXX",Class="29F800B",Category="FLASH",MFG="ST/Micron",RVPP="5V",Adapter="ADP-073",Message="Set the adapter to 5V jumper position.";

I get a "Write failed, Address=0x000000, Buffer=0xFA Device=0xFF"

Does anyone have any thoughts about how to add this part?

Many Thanks!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 01/13/2018 : 05:57:28
quote:
Originally posted by elbronco

quote:
Originally posted by DennisPf

Hi ZLM,

Thanks for your follow-up! I'm afraid I must still report that the programmer is not happy.

I previously used the chip ID that you specified which is what is defined in the datasheet (ID="2258"), but when I open GQ-4X programmer I get the following error:

#ERROR# The device "M29F800B", "2258" manufacturer "22" not found in the lib, the device not been added.

Following that I then get a "USBPrg MFC Application has stopped working" error and I get prompted to debug or close the program.

When the ID is set to XXXX, the program starts up and runs properly without the MFC error.

When I do an ID check, the ID comes back as XXXX.

As an FYI, here is the hardware and firmware info from the programmer:

H/W Re: GQ-4X Re-2.20(SW Re. 6.36)
USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.36

Additionally, the 3V/5V and 29F/29LV jumpers are correctly set.

There is one thing that I did find a little strange. I monitored the voltage between GND of the ADP-077 and the 3V/5V config jumper that is setup for 5V. When the programmer is not performing an operation, this voltage is approx. 1.8V. When I do a read the voltage goes to 4.7V. Is this what should be expected?

Any other thoughts you might have would be greatly appreciated.

This configuration did not work in my case. Error when starting the software Reinstall but follow the error, only as administrator works.

You mean the software only installs with administrator rights?
elbronco Posted - 01/09/2018 : 09:14:20
quote:
Originally posted by DennisPf

Hi ZLM,

Thanks for your follow-up! I'm afraid I must still report that the programmer is not happy.

I previously used the chip ID that you specified which is what is defined in the datasheet (ID="2258"), but when I open GQ-4X programmer I get the following error:

#ERROR# The device "M29F800B", "2258" manufacturer "22" not found in the lib, the device not been added.

Following that I then get a "USBPrg MFC Application has stopped working" error and I get prompted to debug or close the program.

When the ID is set to XXXX, the program starts up and runs properly without the MFC error.

USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.36

There is one thing that I did find a little strange. I monitored the voltage between GND of the ADP-077 and the 3V/5V config jumper that is setup for 5V. When the programmer is not performing an operation, this voltage is approx. 1.8V. When I do a read the voltage goes to 4.7V. Is this what should be expected?

This configuration did not work in my case. Error when starting the software Reinstall but follow the error, only as administrator works.
ZLM Posted - 07/06/2015 : 09:43:54
It seems your chip is a remarked chip from AM29F800BB. It is not genuine M29F800 from ST.
DennisPf Posted - 07/06/2015 : 09:29:46
This is interesting...

I used the recently received ADP-072 adapter/scriptDP-077 TSOP-48 adapter to successfully program and verify an ST version of the M29F800FB55N3F2. I was also able to verify the programming of this device with another programmer I borrowed. This is all good!

There was one noted difference that I could not resolve. The ID check came back as an AMD device with an ID of 0x0158.

Any thoughts on this? Other than that, all is good!

Many Thanks!
DennisPf Posted - 06/25/2015 : 14:25:05
Just ordered one.

I will follow up after I test the ADP-072.
ZLM Posted - 06/23/2015 : 23:35:27
Because the 29F800B works in 8 bit mode, so it works on ADP-072 and ADP-073. Both base need ADP-077 on top.

From my experience, the ADP-072 is working better than ADP-073.

I suggest you to change the adapter top to ADP-072, that is a confirmed adapter works with 29F800.
DennisPf Posted - 06/22/2015 : 08:19:11
You are correct, doing the ID check does not return XXXX (my error!) but returns FFFF (not 2258 for the ST/MIcron part). I have tried it with several samples of the IC and had the same result each time. I also validated continuity from the memory device mounted in the TSOP-48 socket to the headers that make the connections from the ADP-077 PCB to the ADP-073 PCB, as well as have inspected those connections under a microscope. I see no problems.

Is it possible that I have the wrong adapter? The other Class="29F800B" devices in the TSOP-48 package listed in the devices.txt require a ADP-003 adapter. In fact, there is no mention of the ADP-073 adapter in the devices.txt file. maybe I need to upgrade the firmware in the programmer to work with the -073 adapter?

Still stumped...
ZLM Posted - 06/21/2015 : 17:45:52
If you click on ID, it should show some value, not the XXXX. In that case to confirm if the value is 2258.

The chip is 5V chip. The VCC 4.7V should be fine.
DennisPf Posted - 06/19/2015 : 06:20:24
Nix the comment about the 4.7V. I threw a scope on it and other than a little noise, it measures fine.
DennisPf Posted - 06/19/2015 : 06:11:54
Hi ZLM,

USB Driver Re.2.0
Software Re. 6.36

ZLM Posted - 06/18/2015 : 17:35:31
This should work.

The chip ID should be added:

Name="M29F800B",ID="2258",Class="29F800B",Category="FLASH",MFG="ST/Micron",RVPP="5V",Adapter="ADP-073",Message="Set the adapter to 5V jumper position.";

Always click ID button before doing anything. If ID is not reported 2258, then you need to confirm all pins are contacted good with ZIF socket.

Do read/write only after the correct ID read.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz Forums 2000