Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 GQ-5X
 definition k9gag08ue

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
eduardo48 Posted - 06/18/2015 : 09:43:32
Hi, I built on k9gag08ue definition.
when I delete and later verification is not in the bank, (Flash is not blank at address 3F31800, target 00)
I use nand new supplier Samsung

I copy definition chip set

K9GAG08U0E",MFG="Samsung",ID1="ech",ID2="d5h",ID3="84h",ID4="72h",ID5="50h",ID6="42h",size="88a7d800h",PageSize="21b4h",BlockSize="80h"
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GQ5XSupport Posted - 09/09/2015 : 07:24:35
quote:
Originally posted by eduardo48

Ok I understand, thank you for your response. Would like to know, if there are more commands example speed, cell,
Regards.

Type help will list all the command available.
eduardo48 Posted - 09/09/2015 : 06:14:26
Ok I understand, thank you for your response. Would like to know, if there are more commands example speed, cell,
Regards.
GQ5XSupport Posted - 09/08/2015 : 20:30:24
GQ5x currently does raw data read/write. In the case of verify, assume ECC is used, then one bit error is not considered to be fail.

As of skip the bad sector, this is normally done by the file system and there is no universal algorithm how to skip the bad sector and where to record the bad sectors. I found some small density flash that can be fully programmed with no bit error. (64MB)

When NAND is used in system (say linux), it will boot from the boot block (which is on NAND), then it program the firmware onto the file system which will do magic on bad sectors and ECC. Directly raw copy of NAND flash needs to make sure your target flash has no bad sectors.

So far I see GQ5x to be a useful tool for data recovery. Also it can be very useful to mass program the boot block for the NAND to be used in target system.

eduardo48 Posted - 09/08/2015 : 19:11:50
I read(stlinux), understand, so it is impossible to clone a nand, if the software does not detect bad sectors, it is possible to copy the data to a new nand, they are recorded in bad sectors? it is possible to fix this.
With the new version 1.02, check right, but I'm not sure this copy.
C:/Users/Eduardo/Desktop/NAND/1.bin Loaded
-verify
Nand verify considers ECC algorithm !!
Time 00:02:59 (.609)
Compare data OK
GQ5XSupport Posted - 09/05/2015 : 22:40:36
When you verify the chip(especially on large chip), you will see failed at some area with one bit off, this is the nature of NAND. Each sector has dedicated area to store ECC. The ECC algorithm is designed to fix one bit error and detect two bit error.
Here is a link. Many other discuss can be found on web.
hxxp://www.stlinux.com/howto/NAND/ECC

We will modify the software to bypass one bit error checking.
GQ5XSupport Posted - 09/05/2015 : 22:07:58
quote:

Hi, I built on k9gag08ue definition.
when I delete and later verification is not in the bank, (Flash is not blank at address 3F31800, target 00)
I use nand new supplier Samsung

I copy definition chip set

K9GAG08U0E",MFG="Samsung",ID1="ech",ID2="d5h",ID3="84h",ID4="72h",ID5="50h",ID6="42h",size="88a7d800h",PageSize="21b4h",BlockSize="80h"

If you erased the chip and get 00 in area, that chip has a bad sector(s).
GQ5XSupport Posted - 09/05/2015 : 22:06:39
quote:

Checked does not work with these memories

Nand has bit error rate which will be fixed in ECC. So the verify with one bit error should not affect the final result.
eduardo48 Posted - 08/29/2015 : 16:04:10
Checked does not work with these memories

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000