MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 AM29F080B - TSOP40B-D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
teknix1 Posted - 09/23/2015 : 05:19:36
Hi,

I need a bit of help. I've got a GQ-3X Rev 1.00 and will be using it to program an AMD AM29F080B (TSOP-40). When selecting the chip in the software, it tells me I need to use a TSOP40B-D adapter. I can't seem to find it in the store, I see the TSOP40A, but not TSOP40B. I don't know what the -D means at the end. I also read elsewhere that I simply need to remap the pins from the TSOP chip to a DIP format, no adapter chip or logic needed. The adapters for sale seem to do more than that. Furthermore, I plan on soldering this chip on a adapter DIP board which I hope to be able to just place in the programmer. Possibly my adapter board might re-order the pins because of my projects needs, so I would end up having to create a second adapter board for the programmer.

So I guess it's a long story, but any suggestions on what to get or what to do? I guess if I knew what pins the programmer is expecting and where on the ZIF socket, I could just make my own adapter boards. Where can I find this mapping?

Any info is appreciated, thanks!
Nic
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 10/05/2015 : 22:19:05
It should be added.
teknix1 Posted - 10/01/2015 : 12:33:51
My apologies Hernan, looks like I missed your post. I can't seem to find my two adapters on that page, ADP-082 and ADP-077.
teknix1 Posted - 10/01/2015 : 12:32:07
Thanks again. It was already set to 5V. Sorry to ask again, but is there any docs on this? I'm finding hard to understand how these adapters work together and when to choose what there must be a site somewhere with more info.
ZLM Posted - 09/30/2015 : 14:33:52
Keep original jumper settings.

The only jumper you need to set is J3. Make sure you set it on 5V position.
Hernan Posted - 09/28/2015 : 15:58:08
http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4729&SearchTerms=gq-3x
teknix1 Posted - 09/28/2015 : 11:15:39
Hi ZLM,

I apologize for the late reply. I have since ordered and received those two boards. One of them has a lot of jumpers, is there a document somewhere that explains what they do?

I've also discovered an issue in devices.txt. There is a return carriage right after the D in "TSOP40B-D", if you take it out, the software can now display the full adapter name which is "TSOP40B-DIP32". Makes more sense.

Thanks
Nic
ZLM Posted - 09/25/2015 : 07:02:55
The adapter base board should be ADP-082 now:

http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4418

The top part is ADP-077:
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4405

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000