Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Using The Enhanced/Dual power Willem Programmer
 Problems R/W with 93c46, 93c46A and 93c56

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sdezego Posted - 02/08/2008 : 07:06:51
First let me state that I am the furthest from and expert here, but I have having problems reading and writing from the said chips.

I have had my DP Willem for a year or two now and have had success doing many 27cxx and 29cxx chips.

Recently, I tried reading from some various SOIC 93cxx chips. I tried using a clip on the chip, using the ICSP header and even de-soldered the chips from the board. I tried .97ja, .97jb and .97j and all yield different failing results. The problems are that every read seems inconsistent. I read once and then read again, and the bin looks quite different. I tried the various modes 8 and 16 bit (which I read somewhere here on the forum) and also with the read speeds.

Also, I didn't think this chip needed external power on the Willem, but w/o the USB cable, I can not get any read from the various chips. When I check the Voltage at Pins 6 and 8 I show 3v with the USB plugged in and 1v w/o external power. Shouldn't there by 5v there?

Please give me suggestions on what to try and what I might be doing wrong.

Shawn
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nidecker Posted - 02/04/2011 : 19:43:34
Any solutions? I have the same problem.
nnod Posted - 04/28/2008 : 03:31:24
I am also having inconsistent read/write problems with a 93LC46. I have one chip that reads and writes perfectly, but others that show somewhat random data each time a read is performed and trying to write gives a verify error. Erase works, as does filling the buffer with zeros and writing.

Could it be a faulty chip?
sdezego Posted - 03/18/2008 : 04:25:22
quote:
Did you try the IC-prog 1.05D software?

No, I am not familiar with it. Could you point me in the right direction to try it?

EDIT: Found it and will give it a try
ZLM Posted - 03/11/2008 : 19:47:53
Yes. I see the check box under 93CXXX EEPROM only. But I never tried that. So I do not know if it works.

Did you try the IC-prog 1.05D software?
sdezego Posted - 03/11/2008 : 11:22:49
sdezego Posted - 02/21/2008 : 05:24:43
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

Maybe noise. But not sure.

I really wish I knew what my next step should be as I really need to be able to R/W these chips. If the burner or software is having a problem, I wouldn't be completely opposed to buying a newer unit as this one has paid for itself on 27x and 29x chips and still works fine on them. However, I don't want to just throw money out there as a guess that it will work.

Regards,
Shawn

PS: You mention the ICSP header is only for Microchip PIC, but the checkbox option is there in the software for 93cX chips. Also, I ran across this image, which initially led me to believe that I could read write with the SOICs soldered in circuit. Again: to reiterate, I tried onboard (using the below) and desoldered, but only got partial reads/writes, but mostly corrupt.

ZLM Posted - 02/16/2008 : 14:50:48
Maybe noise. But not sure.
sdezego Posted - 02/15/2008 : 12:02:16
Any ideas?
sdezego Posted - 02/12/2008 : 12:54:40
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

Put the chip on the programmer socket and try. This will confirm the programmer has no problem. If this is the case, then check the wire, if target is powered, then remove the power wire, only connect other wires.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

I should clarify some more. Since they are SOIC chips, they can't be plugged directly into the programmer socket. I do have the chip(s) removed from their PCB(s) and wired one to one with the proper programmer socket(double and triple checked all wires).
ZLM Posted - 02/11/2008 : 09:32:52
Put the chip on the programmer socket and try. This will confirm the programmer has no problem. If this is the case, then check the wire, if target is powered, then remove the power wire, only connect other wires.
sdezego Posted - 02/09/2008 : 04:35:20
I should clarify. My last attempts were having the chips (93c46, 93c46a and a 93c56)de-soldered from the boards, on a clip and wired directly to the far right socket (labeled appropriately for the 93cxx chips). All Dips are off and jumpers set appropriately.

I have these three chips mentioned and am not able to read/write successfully. I can sometimes get a data read into the buffer, but it is inconsistent, partial and usually not correct. If you perform successive reads, the buffer will change over and over and does not match the chip. Writes are not happening correctly either although i think I managed to erase one of the chips in all of my testing. I tried various .bin files, etc.

Thanks,
Shawn
ZLM Posted - 02/08/2008 : 14:29:17
The ISCP header only for Microchip PIC chip only. Not for EEPROM.

For the EEPROM you need firdtly conntect the wire from the socket.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000