MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 gq-4x4 adp-054 and m28f102

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lowlyfe1 Posted - 01/15/2020 : 06:30:12
so unfortunately for me i bought this burner for one specific task and that was to burn chips for my older vw. from square one ive had issues with this burner. when writing verification fails and if you read the original file back off the chip not all bits are the same as the original. also if i try to erase the chip the burner will hangup program freezes and never blanks chips. after doing some research this is a common issue with blanking chips with this burner. its quite upsetting because i bought this burner for the specific task and it simply doesnt work. anyone know of a burner that works with these chips as advertised or have a solution to make this gq-4x4 work? thanks

Image Insert:

225458 bytes
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
anniel Posted - 01/16/2020 : 08:35:13
quote:
Originally posted by lowlyfe1

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8581

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8113

clearly im not the only one who had issues with this exact chip and burner combo... they are just going to sweep it under the rug and pretend like it doesnt exist?!?!

Probably, they never follow up or send out their chips.

Did you try all of the proposed solutions?

I guess you could compare the device line of 6.38 to discover yourself what changed since.
anniel Posted - 01/16/2020 : 08:31:00
quote:

yes sir

Good.
lowlyfe1 Posted - 01/16/2020 : 07:24:00
http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8581

http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8113

clearly im not the only one who had issues with this exact chip and burner combo... they are just going to sweep it under the rug and pretend like it doesnt exist?!?!
lowlyfe1 Posted - 01/15/2020 : 18:18:35
yes sir
anniel Posted - 01/15/2020 : 12:38:50
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

so unfortunately for me i bought this burner for one specific task and that was to burn chips for my older vw. from square one ive had issues with this burner. when writing verification fails and if you read the original file back off the chip not all bits are the same as the original. also if i try to erase the chip the burner will hangup program freezes and never blanks chips. after doing some research this is a common issue with blanking chips with this burner. its quite upsetting because i bought this burner for the specific task and it simply doesnt work. anyone know of a burner that works with these chips as advertised or have a solution to make this gq-4x4 work? thanks

Try a lower speed.

Tried lowest write speed with double wtite slowest write /read speed with same result. Different chips all same result

You are doing all this out of circuit, right?
lowlyfe1 Posted - 01/15/2020 : 10:39:21
quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

Try a lower speed.

Tried lowest write speed with double wtite slowest write /read speed with same result. Different chips all same result
anniel Posted - 01/15/2020 : 06:54:56
quote:

Try a lower speed.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000