Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 PIC Programmer
 JDM only allows 16F648A programming once

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tightwad Posted - 04/05/2009 : 19:52:00
I tried my first programming today, using a 16F648A chip. The programming was successful, and the LED on my test board lit. I then wanted to modify the code to blink the LED, and I erased the PIC and reprogrammed it. The test board LED didn't blink, but now I can't reprogram the PIC as it isn't detected?

I then tried with a second 648A, programmed once with the new code, then the programmer can't see it again.

Can there be something in the code that stops the JDM from being able to see the chip? Sometimes the PWR led flashes on the programmer when I insert the chip, but usually it just lights, and I get errors that the PIC can't be detected.

I can still detect my third 648A chip, but I don't want to program it and have all 3 now be useless.

Any ideas?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 04/06/2009 : 10:47:12
It seems the problem is related to the chip LVP fuse setting.

So, check the LVP bit in the configuration word. Set that bit to 0 before write the data into chip via JDM programmer.

Also, try to program the chip via ISCP header. Do not put the chip in the programmer socket.
tightwad Posted - 04/05/2009 : 19:54:32
The blinking of the PWR LED appears to be at the same interval the LED was supposed to blink on my test board, if that has any bearing on the issue.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Snitz Forums 2000