Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 PIC Programmer
 What type IS the USB programmer?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stan-Dave Posted - 04/23/2009 : 04:05:15
I just picked up the PRG-017 USB PIC programmer off of ebay and I have to say it's working out pretty well.
Only problem is that I'm not too fond of the software. I'm trying to use some other, more familiar programs, but can't get them to recognize the device.
I can tell that it's a serial programmer wrapped in a Prolific PL2303 USB-Serial adapter, but I can't seem to get anything other than the included software to recognize it. Is there any known tweak that'll allow me to get it working in (for example) ic-prog, a similar device I can select and change the settings for? Or is it a totally proprietary communication format?
Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stan-Dave Posted - 04/24/2009 : 17:39:19
Ok, you're correct; ic-prog only works with direct serial and parallel programmers it would appear. But what about other software? piklab or WinPic for example. These support all manor of devices. WinPic even allows custom devices to be added with DLLs.
ZLM Posted - 04/24/2009 : 07:49:41
The USB PIC programmer only works on its own software, even it uses USB-RS232 type serial port.

All others software like IC-Prog uses direct serial port I/O operation. So, those software only works on standard RS232 serial port, not the USB- serial port/adapter.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000