Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 Using The Enhanced/Dual power Willem Programmer
 Sivava software crashes my computer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Insert an Image File
Check here to include your profile signature.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mcfluffin Posted - 07/04/2010 : 08:35:09
Hey all,
This is probably something specific to my system, but figured it wouldn't hurt to ask in case someone else had an idea. Just installed Windows 2000 (because the computer doesn't have a lot of resources) tried to use the PCB 5.0C software, and the computer reboots. Thinking it probably was just an update issue and a Windows crash, applied all updates and tried again. Same result. Turned off auto reboot for Windows kernel panic, but it still auto reboots...so now I'm thinking this may be some deeper hardware problem. However, this isn't happening with any other applications such as Firefox. Tried using remapped IO.dll and stock IO.dll, same results with both. Tried changing around the parallel port mode in BIOS, same results.
The system has a few minor issues, maybe one of them is known to cause issues with the software. The RAM is low on the computer, only about 64MB. It seems to take a special type of PC100 family RAM, so I can't upgrade it (easily). Also, I can't figure out/find the video driver chipset on the computer, so I'm running in the driverless video mode. I might expect some "are you kidding I can't run on 16 colors" or "not enough RAM", but not a hard restart. Any of these cause known issues? Its a WYSE WT9650XE if its of any help.
Thanks!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ZLM Posted - 07/08/2010 : 11:31:53
Sivava software is not a open source software. So, we are unable to support ths software.
mcfluffin Posted - 07/04/2010 : 08:38:33
A few more comments since I don't see an edit button.
This happens with or without the programmer plugged into the parallel port. Also, I've ran using Windows 2000 Professional fine on other computers before with my adapter. The GUI never loads, I just get an hourglass for a few seconds. I have a second computer running Linux that I could potentially use instead through virtualization, I'm looking into that since this doesn't seem to be going well.

MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.05 sec. Snitz Forums 2000