MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 Does the true USB handle intel hex properly?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HelloWorld

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2020 :  15:52:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently did a programmer overview video that included the willem pcb6.0. One of its best features (besides programming 2732As) is that it handles complicated intel hex files properly. After many software versions the XGecu still cannot correctly place a hex file that is distributed among several starting addresses. People are frequently asking me what programmer to use if they do not have a parallel port and i have been wondering about recommending the True USB. However, can anyone attest to how well it handles complicated intel hex files?

thanks

craig

Retired, but with passion and a sense of urgency.
Lover of vintage computer hardware. Creator of SBC-85.COM 8085 ecosystem.
Maybe take a gander at my YouTube channel.
https://www.youtube.com/c/helloworld0000

Edited by - HelloWorld on 06/24/2020 15:54:36
Reply #1

anniel

2540 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2020 :  09:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HelloWorld

I recently did a programmer overview video that included the willem pcb6.0. One of its best features (besides programming 2732As) is that it handles complicated intel hex files properly. After many software versions the XGecu still cannot correctly place a hex file that is distributed among several starting addresses. People are frequently asking me what programmer to use if they do not have a parallel port and i have been wondering about recommending the True USB. However, can anyone attest to how well it handles complicated intel hex files?

thanks

craig

The GQ-4X programmer can easily program 2732, 2732A and 2732B amongst many others. The USBPrg software handles BIN, HEX, ROM, STAPL, JAM, JBC, S and MOT files.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000