MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 AMD AM29F040B Problem
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rrold2

1 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  08:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received my new programmer. It was to replace my earlier one because I though that there was a problem with it (the one with the DIP switches). Apparently, the programer isn't the issue. I also got a new adapter.

I am trying to program an AM29F040B and it seems to program fine but the device it is then installed in wont run. I took a AM29F040B chip with an earlier firmware version on it (I did not program it) and the device ran fine. I then took the same chip and programmed it with a new version of the firmware. The device no longer runs with that chip. It chip erases, blank checks, writes and verifies. I even did a read on the newly programmed chip and it does appear to have been programmed. I have tried with a number of chips. I had a supply of the ST Microelectronics version and they were fine but I don't have any more of those to try.

Any ideas?

Additionally, I have some Hyundai HY29FO40AC chips but they are not in the library. How can I set up to program those.

I am new at this so please reply as such.

Thanks!
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  21:41:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as it can be verified by the software, then the chip should be programmed correctly. IT seems your new version firmware is not the correct. How about try to program the earlier firmware version again on the same chip? It should work.

To add HY29FO40AC into library, add this line to the devices.txt:

Name="HY29FO40AC",ID="ADA4",Class="29F040B",Category="FLASH",MFG="Hyundai";

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000