What is correct power supply?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yorgle

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  10:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received my dual power eprom programmer and am confused as to the proper power supply to use. The photo of the power supply in the accompanying software clearly shows 12v DC output on its label, but the power-in jack on the programmer is labeled 12v AC? Which is correct, AC/DC? and how many amps. (I will be burning 21v Intel 2732A-2 eproms).
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  12:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
The programmer accepts both DC or AC. Since it has build in rectifier bridge.
The power adapter can be 9V-12V range with 200mA above current will be good.

Edited by - ZLM on 06/06/2006 12:34:38
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Jojo

1 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  02:39:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://search-vip.org/insurance.html " border="0">
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

DL

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  11:59:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're probably going to have voltage drop problems because the transistor used to switch VCC can't handle more than about 30mA. NMOS EPROMs can draw 100mA; microcontrollers like 8748 can draw 250mA.

The Willem 4.1 with optional relay can handle them. Depending on the power supply design in the new USB power/data programmers might also be okay.

To measure the magnitude of the problem, set your programmer for 2732. With a device in the socket, enter the test H/W tab and enable VCC. Measure VCC on pin 28 of the socket. If it's below 4.5V, you can't read. If you don't have a VCC=6V option, you can't program reliably. The programming spec for 2732 specifies a single 50mS programming pulse, but no version of the program (I'm aware of) will let you specify a pulse this long. Because of that, you should program at elevated VCC to insure sufficient programming margin.

2716 can be programmed at VCC=5V as long as you set twp to 50mS. The default pulse is much shorter... Assuming you've fixed the voltage drop problem, otherwise, you could be programming at VCC=3-4V.

HTH,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000