MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 wont write
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fowler_ryan

6 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  10:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I was wondering if you could help me out i have a GQ-3x with theses adapters ADP-032 and the 012A SOIC8 Test clip. I am trying to redo airbag modules, the troubles i am having are the program freezes when i try to program a chip, (i am working with a 95160 chip) When i read the chip i get all 80 80 80... i do not know if this is right or not or i get all FF FF FF... when i do a blank check with the 80's i get chip is not blank and with the FF's it tells me that the chip is blank, i try to write on the chip, and i get an error saying write failed adress: 0xFFFFFFF, Buffer: 0x80, Device, 0xFF. I was wondering if you can point me in the right direction to what i am doing wrong, also is there suppose to be any jumpers on my GQ-3x?
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  21:56:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The read all 80 80 seems no right.

make sure you have place the chp in correct orientation. Pin 1 on correct direction.

If you still can not get it read correctly, then change to another chip and try.

Make sure the chip is a good chip.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

fowler_ryan

6 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  08:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have tried different chips, One chip is out of a good airbag module and the other is out of bad airbag modules, I keep getting the same reading, the chips i have do not state which postion pin 1 is, so i have reversed them and everthing several times, i have been double checking to make sure all the pins are touching the conections right, I can never seem to get the same readings off any chips over and over, then when i thought i had it i tried writing the good information to the bad chip and it didnt seem to want to do that either.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2010 :  20:40:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you do not know the pin one on chip, just rotate it, and you should get different reading.

Do you have ever programmed any 8 pin chip on this adapter? If not, can you post a picture on chip in adapter? I can check if the chip correcly place in adapter.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

fowler_ryan

6 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  07:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have rotated the chip many of times and every time i rotate it i get different reading unfortunately, and no i have not programmed any 8 pin chip before ever, i am trying to learn how and i will get you a picture put up today. Thank you for all your help so far

Edited by - fowler_ryan on 11/08/2010 07:02:43
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

fowler_ryan

6 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2010 :  11:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
here is the best picture i could get this way i got all 8080 instead of all FF The P is in the front left as pin 1.
h**p://i80.photobucket.com/scriptlbums/j176/70boss/test.jpg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.3 sec. Snitz Forums 2000