Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmoliere

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  09:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I'm a bit new to eprom programming...
While working with the GQ USB Programmer...
I'm trying to program a 4k bytes chip (or a working space of $1000). When I select the proper device, and change the DIP switch settings on the board, the device displays that I have an 32k byte chip (I see values from 0 to 7FFF) which seems wrong. I overlook this detail and proceed forward.

I'm working on the 6802 microprocessor and inorder to start processing at the correct address, I need to write values to $FFFE and $FFFF. I'm using the ORG directive in my code to place the proper values at $FFFE and $FFFF.

I offset the memory on the device to $F000 (by entering 0F000 in the device offset text field) and get no displacement display in memory so I overlook this detail and write to the chip -- the GQ USB Programmer software crashes.

Instead of offsetting the device, I decided to offset the memory in my code. In the 'File Offset(Hex)' area, I put in -0F000 and tried to write to the programmer and CRASH.

How should I resolve this issue?
Thanks!

Edited by - jmoliere on 11/17/2006 16:27:14
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2006 :  09:58:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What chip you selected?

The offset value should less than the total size. Here I see the device is 7FFF byte size but your offset is F000. Which is larger than the size. It's a invalid offset value.

Anyway, the software should not crash, even put in wrong value. This will be fixed in next software release.

Edited by - ZLM on 11/19/2006 10:15:35
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

jmoliere

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2006 :  13:09:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ZLM,
The documentation for the GQ USB Programmer seems to be a bit sparse concerning the area of offsetting memory. Can you direct me to something better than the HELP that comes with the software?

I'd like to make sure I'm properly adhering to the documentation before complaining of a bug -- there are bugs in this software but I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!
James Moliere

James Moliere
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000