| 1. Only one cable should be connected with PC. Either USB or RS232.
2. When in USB mode, the mode push button should be down(push-in). You need to install the USB driver in order to use the USB port. When programmer connected with PC via USB cable, you PC should be able to recognize the programmer as a virtual comport. Using Windows device manager will show all comports in a list. When you disconnect the USB cable, that virtual comport should disappear.
3. When start the software, the init state of software should display a connected state, if it is not, then you need check is you have selected correct comport of your programmer.
4. When you using RS232 mode, the mode push button should be in up-position. In this case you need to confirm your comport number you are using and make sure the comport is a working comport.
5. Each chip has different position in programmer's ZIF socket. Please double confirm the chip's is correctly placed in the ZIF socket refer to the picture in the software.
6. If you chip can be either read, write or ID, then the programmer should be in good condition. That because they share the same hardware connection and only software command are different.
7. If your software sometimes does not get response from the programmer, then most likely you have connection problem between programmer and computer. If it is in USB mode, then you may need a good usb cable or change to another USB port.
8. It is good idea to change a computer and try in both USB and RS232 mode connection.
Since all programmers been tested before shipped, so it is worth to check all points before send it back for exchange.