New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TheTVCoop

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  16:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello All!

I'm very new to the GQ-4X and programming chips in general, but I have a decent background in mechanical and basic electrical engineering. I've been trying to program a new MX25L6445E chip from DigiKey using the GQ-4X, SOP16-DIP8 adapter, and the code from a MX25L6405 chip that came out of a VIZIO E371VL LCD HDTV with a cracked screen.

The problem comes when I try to write to the new chip; The progress bar reads, "Writing...(0%)" even after an hour of letting it "work."

Reading the old chip seems to work fine. I saved that info as a .bin file to my laptop, and load it before the write.

The new chip passed the blank check before attempting to write to it.

I may have comitted a big no-no, but I got tired of waiting to see the 1% show up and cancelled the write. When I read the chip it showed the first 60 or 70 lines were written, and all FF after that. Could it just really take this long? It's my first try, so I have no idea how long it should take.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, and I'll do my best to reply promptly.

Thanks,
Cooper

Cooper
Reply #1

TheTVCoop

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  09:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have done something wrong to make that chip bad because I was able to program two other chips and verify them.

Cooper
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.06 sec. Snitz Forums 2000