Programming Car Mileage through Eeprom
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ecumotic

Mauritius
3 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2012 :  21:34:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello, I recently purchased a automotive mileage corrector tool called "Digimaster 3". according to its instruction, i have tried to change the mileage of a HONDA FIT year 2008. The techniques i have used is to solder several wires to pinout locations on the dashboard and read and corrected the mileage.

However after the process, when i inserted the instrument cluster back into the car, i noticed some problems with the tacho and fuel gauge needles. It vibrates slightly and seems to be erratic.

I have gone through some online information and what i have been able to gather is that maybe the EEPROM has been damaged ( physically or software). so now my dashboard is not functioning. I have tried to put back the original files into the eeprom again, but it has worsened my situation.

The eeprom is a 93C76 smd Model... I would very much appreciate if anyone could help me understand the problem and possibly find any solution.

P.S : i have ordered some blank eeproms from the internet already.

yosh
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  17:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The chip may has other data related to other meters.
You need a original data copy to restore it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

M1DJF

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  06:18:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Provide me with make model and year of make than I will check if I have dump for the eprom

If you can't do it don't screw it leave it as you find it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000