MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 M27C256B and random chip verify error
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luismtlopes@gmail.com

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2013 :  18:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi you all!
Im a user and fan og the CG line of programers, and have one for about a year, and sometimes have some trouble writing/verifing chips.
This time I was working wit M27c256B wicth need UV to blank and its a lot harder to rerwrite...
I write a file for car remaping and verify ok and car runing fine. Got a 2nd new blank chip and write a second mod file 2 days after and car didn t work.
Verify both chips and the old one sometimes got verify errors and the mod2 was fine but car didn t start. tryed 2 or 3 times and mod file was ok. Later etarted to have problems in verifiing chips that gave errors.
At night tryed again but after read verify started to give more errors.
As sometimes it gives this errors in other chips (like 29f010)any ideia what could be?
I also tryed to write again the same chip with same file without deleting, and strangly it did and verify 100%

Can this improve anything? Shouldn t the write guarantee that data is all there or should we rewrite the chip twice??

Thanks for ideias
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2013 :  10:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is chip related. It is OK wot write twice. There is a DoubleWrite check box at the right side of software, you can always enable it.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

luismtlopes@gmail.com

Portugal
4 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2013 :  08:51:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info...I ve just bought 2 new chips to try!
Just to get this strait: Is there an advantage to double write the chips? Only "C" UV chips or all?? (As there s the double write option there must be an advantage to do this always, maybe to ensure less read errors)
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2013 :  00:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some old EPROM may need double write. The UV type EPROM has no internal verification feature. This is to make sure the chip is writen correctly. You can always do this on any chip. But the flash chips do not need double write.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

proffalmaz.com

1 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2018 :  15:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello. And Bye.

www.proffalmaz.com
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2018 :  03:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by proffalmaz.com

Hello. And Bye.

Bye to you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz Forums 2000