New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mr-B

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  15:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everybody
I have just received my programmer today GQ-4x the reason for buying this was to reprogram bios chips on laptops as I own a computer repair shop.
so first chip I took is from a Toshiba a300d, after great effort I managed to read the numbers on this chip which were F80-7HCP.
To my disappointment there was no match for this chip in the device so I could not go any further .. so take another Mb which was an Acer locate the bios chip read the number and to my supprice it was same again , I only reason for buying this is so I can fix laptop MB I know all of them will not have same chip as I have already tested a few winbond chips with no problems.

so my question is the F80-7HCP readable with GQ-4x?
And if not is it possible add it to the device as I think I will be working this chip quit a lot.
thank you

Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2014 :  19:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
F80-7HCP is not standard chip manufacture part number. This is why it is not in the supported list. But I think there is a great chance to read and write with the GQ-4X.

Try to select the EN25F80 from the software and see if it can get the chip ID correctly.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Mr-B

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  05:58:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi
thank you for your reply I have I did what you said and have managed to read the chip .
so am I correct in thinking as I have managed to read the chip there I should have no problems in writing the bios to it.

also please could you advice as where would the best place to look for laptop bios files .

once again thank you for your help.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2014 :  21:01:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The latest laptop bios file should get from the mother board manufacture website.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000