New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carlsson

Sweden
3 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  10:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm a new and so far happy customer who ordered a True USB programmer plus an eraser. I must give credit to the post office; package was sent from Canada on Thursday and arrived in Sweden (overseas) on Tuesday.

Anyway, the eraser didn't come with any particular instructions. I have successfully made an adapter cable to fit my wall outlet. The specs says it takes up to 6-8 EPROMs in one turn. Is that max, or can I fill the drawer as much as it fits if I have many smaller chips?

The timer is graded OFF - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - ON. How long should I let it run if I want to erase a set of EPROMs? Should it always be winded to 6 and let it work downwards, or is it dependent of the number of chips I loaded it with? Can the chips be harmed if they are subject to UV light for too long; I suppose not?

Sorry for seemingly novice questions, but I didn't find anywhere else on this forum/site (perhaps on a different site) answering these simple questions.

Regards

Anders Carlsson
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2007 :  07:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can put the EPROM in drawer as many as you can, as long as you do not stack the chips in drawer.

The timer is 0 - 60 minutes timer. With a ON position. Most of EPROM will be erased in 20 minutes. But you can put 30 minutes just make sure it been erased 100%.

Longer erase time should not damage the chip.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

DL

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  13:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

The timer is 0 - 60 minutes timer. With a ON position. Most of EPROM will be erased in 20 minutes. But you can put 30 minutes just make sure it been erased 100%.
Another option is to blank check the EPROMs at low voltage (VCC=4.2-4.45V) after a few minutes in the eraser. As soon as the blank check at low voltage, you're done.
quote:
Longer erase time should not damage the chip.
UV exposure does damage EPROMs. Maximum lifetime exposure is ~7000 Wsec/sq. cm (about 1 week of exposure). EPROMs are only rated for 100 erase cycles.

HTH,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  20:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks DL for the UV information.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ukez

9 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2007 :  14:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to know :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000