A Better Way?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

the_graze

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2014 :  15:22:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have used SOIC 3m clip on for reading onboard 93c66 chips with sucess, but after a few tries the plastic bends chips off etc, However why can someone not make a push down type clip Example, why could you not make a pcb board with dbm spring loaded pins or pongo pins so you only have to push down and hold into place while you read and write an eeprom on board instead of having someone like myself try to unsolder a small 8 leg chip from a board and run into all sorts of problems like braking legs on a chip or getting it too hot and destroying it? years ago i had such a device to jtag certain devices and it worked very well. I for one would buy one if it were available just asking?
Reply #1

Jeff

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  15:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes someone does make such a device I have it on my penloader. It was invented by Ray Martinez of california he also has it in a sperate device called a goklip he is suppose to be sending me one but I have not gotten it yet. I will ask him if I can post where to get it and post back. And yes the one on my penloader is far superior to any pomona or 3m clip.

Jeff Hartsell
Hartsell's Locksmith, Inc.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Jeff

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  16:06:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also for larger chips the micrograbbers work good.

Jeff Hartsell
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  18:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can any one post a picture on this clip?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

Jeff

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2014 :  19:00:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you go to youtube and type in penloader there is a video of the penloader blue demo it shows the head and how it works on the penloader.

Jeff Hartsell
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Jeff

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2014 :  17:07:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ZLM I must say that your setup for incircuit reading does make changing out the pomona or 3m clip quick and easy. To me this shows great thought knowing that the commonly available parts that are most likely to fail can be easily changed in the field. Price wise a very good design. Makers of some of the more expensive equipment could sure take a lesson from you on this.

Jeff Hartsell
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000