New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sync

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2015 :  18:25:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am considering buying GQ-4X burner, for a CPLD project, where I am thinking to use a 'IS39LV010-70VCE' memory (1Mb, 128k x 8) . It comes in
32-TFSOP and 32-PLCC packages.

First a couple of general questions..
1a) Can I safely burn these chips first and then solder them later, without any risk of data loss/corruption? It would be a pain to desolder a chip, due to these issues.
1b) I imagine the SW, that comes with this programmer, allows a reliable verification of written data?

2) Considering my mentioned requirement, is the cost (~$125 + ~$20 for adapter) reasonable, or I am better off with an alternative programmer?

Now a specific one..
3) Does the accompanying SW allows to import a text file, e.g. a memory initializing file (with Hex, Binary data) to be written to the memory? If not, does the SW at-least allow to save a manually entered data, in case of multiple burns?

Many thanks :-) !

Sync
Reply #1

Sync

Canada
2 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2015 :  18:36:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually an accompanying question..

Are there programmers, which would do 'in circuit programming' to eliminate the risk of data loss, post soldering?

Even if available, how would one do such programming, considering this is a Parallel flash and has 32 pins...? By creating an extra 32 pin header on the pcb ?

Sync

Edited by - Sync on 09/27/2015 18:37:28
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000