Novice Place
 My GQ-2X Has arrived now what?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukez

9 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2007 :  07:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya guys I've now got my True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X), I need to copy the information from one eprom to the other which is the same type; can you tell me if im doing this right please?

This is what I've done so far

1)I mounted my DIP32 to PLCC32 converter to my True USB Willem Programmer.

2)I then inserted the eprom i wanted to copy (M27C512 70c1 PLCC32 OTP EPROM) into the PLCC32 socket.

3)I selected the "DEVICES" option from the GQ application drop down menu, and then chose the device type that i'm using (M27C512).

4)Once i selected the correct device I noticed the dip switch diagram located in the GQ application display changed, it ended up displaying the correct "dip switch" setting for my setup.

5)I configured the dip switch according to the diagram.

6)As soon as i did this, and selected the "READ" tab I noticed their was a change in the "CODE MEMORY DISPLAY". Is this right?

7) I then selected the "SAVE" tab from the dop down menu of the GQ application, and saved the file into a directory i created called (C:\EPROM) and saved the BIN file there.

Is this correct so far?

I didn't use an external power supply, I didn't attempt to as it seemed to read the original eprom without it. Should I of used the external power port for this type of eprom?

I only ask as when I checked the information on the type of eprom that I'm using its spec shows the following:

M27C512 512K UV EPROM and OTP EPROM

Attributes
Category EPROM
Package PLCC32
Type One Time Programmable (OTP)
Size 512K
Organisation 64Kx8
t acc (ns) 70ns
Vpp (V) 12.75V
Icc (mA) 30mA
Icc stby (mA) 1mA
T (°C) 0 #8594; 70°C

Should i have used a 12VDC PSU?

I'd appreciate it if you can help with my query's, If I've gone wrong anywhere please let me know.

Can anyone explain the correct way to write information to this particular type of eprom that I'm using

I'm guessing i should just insert a blank eprom in the programmer, open a new GQ application. Select the "OPEN from the drop down menu of the GQ application, then select the copy of the BIN file from the original eprom, the BIN file i saved in the (c:\eprom) directory.

Then im assuming i then just select the "WRITE" & "VERIFY" tick box's under the "BATCH RUN" on the main screen, then select the "RUN" icon.

Is this correct? I hope you can help!

Edited by - ukez on 07/23/2007 09:49:50
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000