MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 GQ-4x4 under VirtuaBox
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ieure

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2017 :  20:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm trying to use my GQ-4x4 with VirtualBox. I've tried XP SP3 32/64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit, on three different machines running a combo of macOS and Linux, but it doesn't work on any of them. Windows recognizes the device and I'm able to install the drivers and software, but when I run USBProg, I get the following in the message log:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
Serial #: []
- @ SW Re. 7.11
Initialization failed. Please reconnect.
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

(The "[]" is actually the "no glyph" empty box, but I can't copy it out of the guest.)

I have a hardware WinXP box, it works fine there, but I'd really like to run it in a VM.

Ideas?
Reply #1

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2017 :  04:35:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ieure

Hi, I'm trying to use my GQ-4x4 with VirtualBox. I've tried XP SP3 32/64-bit and Windows 10 64-bit, on three different machines running a combo of macOS and Linux, but it doesn't work on any of them. Windows recognizes the device and I'm able to install the drivers and software, but when I run USBProg, I get the following in the message log:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
- @ SW Re. 7.11
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

(The "[]" is actually the "no glyph" empty box, but I can't copy it out of the guest.)

I have a hardware WinXP box, it works fine there, but I'd really like to run it in a VM.

Ideas?

You should ask help to the Oracle community.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  11:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
- @ SW Re. 7.11
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

Ideas?

Why would someone go trough all that trouble?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  11:44:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by supervizeur

quote:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
- @ SW Re. 7.11
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

Ideas?

+1 and post back your results here in case someone else needs the info.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  08:03:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
- @ SW Re. 7.11
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

Ideas?

So like it when it's complicated.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

supervizeur

462 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2017 :  08:03:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
- @ SW Re. 7.11
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

Ideas?

+1 and post back your results here in case someone else needs the info.

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2017 :  06:36:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ready
- @ SW Re. 7.11
- @ SW Re. 7.11
DEVICE
Unknown command.
Load
Unknown command.

Ideas?

So like it when it's complicated.

+1
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

CliC

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2017 :  13:14:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Because Windows 10 blacklists the W10 driver from the MCUMall site, saying it is "known to cause problems". Peachy. I'm trying anything at this point, but it should not be this much trouble.

I tried Win 7 on VirtualBox too, and while I got the W7 driver installed OK, I'm getting the same message ieure does in GQ-USB.

C
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2017 :  08:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CliC

quote:

Because Windows 10 blacklists the W10 driver from the MCUMall site, saying it is "known to cause problems". Peachy. I'm trying anything at this point, but it should not be this much trouble.

I tried Win 7 on VirtualBox too, and while I got the W7 driver installed OK, I'm getting the same message ieure does in GQ-USB.

C

Like all drivers that are not official Microsoft approved drivers. You should tweak your Windows installation before going into complications.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2017 :  10:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The message "Initialization failed. Please reconnect."

That means the GQUSBPrg software detected the programmer but fail when communicating with it. The communication maybe interrupted by main OS system which is hosting the VirtuaBox.

Make sure the USB cable is working good and USB driver in VirtuaBox has no problem. If possible, try to disable the main OS GQ USB driver and only allow VirtuaBox to communicate with programmer.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

Foul

France
13 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2018 :  16:05:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4026&SearchTerms=virtual

I'm using my GQ-4X Under Linux and Vbox for years too without any probs...

www.jamma.fr
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz Forums 2000