MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 SST39SF040 Write Fails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumi

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  21:48:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have a brand new batch of 39SF040 chips from Mouser. Most of the chips (7 out of 10) fail when writing using my GQ-4x4. They all fail at the same address every time: Write failed, Address=0x01546D, Buffer=0x80 Device=0xC0.

I'm experienced burning flash chips and I've tried all of the usual troubleshooting methods/handling precautions I know of. I'm hoping I missed something and someone can help me out.

It seems unlikely that 7/10 chips would be bad straight from the manufacturer but that's a possibility. I'm wondering if there's a problem with my GQ-4x4, though it does seem to be writing 27C040s just fine, plus I burned an old 39SF040 from an different batch about 10 times over the past two days without issue.

Thanks for any help!
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  21:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems those chips may have programming compatibility issue.

Try to slow down the speed.

If it still does not work, it is best to ask support@mcumall.com for ending a testing chip to MCUmall to fin out the problem and fix it in software if possible.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

gumi

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2018 :  22:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick response!

There does indeed appear to be some kind of incompatibility. I was able to complete the writing process at -2 speed but verify fails and there are errors when doing a parity check on the data. I also receive occasional errors when trying to erase the chip, which I hadn't seen before, but it doesn't happen every time I try to erase.

I will try contacting support and hope this chip can work with the GQ-4x4. Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Snitz Forums 2000