newbie looking for some basic info
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manoid

1 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2005 :  08:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello,

ive just won an auction for a standard dual power willem programmer on ebay, it will arrive within a couple of weeks....

the reason ive bought it is to program a new firmware upgrade for a drum machine i own, the manufacturer has sent me the hex32 file and instructions.....

"2 chips 27C512 100ns (any manufacturer) or faster 16bit split mode Hi/Lo byte are required.
The splitting is on even/odd bytes to obtain Hi/Low byte from this intel HEX32 file.
Lo byte comes into the upper socket, Hi byte into the lower socket."

i dont really understand any of this info apart from the eprom type

is this too complex for a beginner to try?

can anyone point me in the direction of the kind of software required (and any help files/walkthroughs) to program these chips using win xp or dos

thanks

manoid

what does this button do?........BBBZZZTTTT ...ouch
Reply #1

usb

138 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2005 :  15:15:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems the hex data file you got is in 16bit word format. Since each word consist 2 byte data. So, each word has a "hi" byte and a "lo" byte.

You need extract all "Hi" byte from Hex32 and write into a 27C512 EPROM. Also, you need extract all "Lo" byte from Hex32 and write into another 27C512 EPROM.

There are two EPROM socket on the PCB. The "Hi" byte EPROM goes lower one and "Lo" byte EPROM goes to upper socket.

Yes. It is data usage I never see.

Edited by - usb on 06/01/2005 15:17:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000