ADP-097 Schematic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  05:58:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I already have 2 adapters for 44 Pin PLCC's to 40 Pin Dip... that I've aquired over the years.... Unknown origin....
I find myself having to copy an obsolete chip EPM7032AELC44-4 and make 1 or 2 spares... I have the signal name document for that obsolete chip.
I own a GQ-4x4 Programmer. Support tells me I need an ADP-097 Adapter.
I'm probably never going to need this again....
I have 2 44Pin PLCC to 40 Pin DIP adapters....
Is there anyway I could get the Schematic of the ADP-097 adapter to see if my existing adapters are compatible....... ????

OR.... Can someone post the Signal names on the GQ-4x4 40 Pin DIP Socket that exist when the EPM7032AELC44-4 is selected?

Either way, that would allow me to determine if either of my 2 existing adapters are compatible with the ADP-097

Thank You very much!!!
Reply #1

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  07:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanJ

I already have 2 adapters for 44 Pin PLCC's to 40 Pin Dip... that I've aquired over the years.... Unknown origin....
I find myself having to copy an obsolete chip EPM7032AELC44-4 and make 1 or 2 spares... I have the signal name document for that obsolete chip.
Is there anyway I could get the Schematic of the ADP-097 adapter to see if my existing adapters are compatible....... ????

OR.... Can someone post the Signal names on the GQ-4x4 40 Pin DIP Socket that exist when the EPM7032AELC44-4 is selected?

Either way, that would allow me to determine if either of my 2 existing adapters are compatible with the ADP-097

Thank You very much!!!

Read your manual, section 4.10.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  09:05:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am off to find a manual then!!! As I did not receive one with unit....
Up till now, I've been using my operational Knowledge of an Old Data i/o 29B as my instructions....
Please post link to manual!!
Thanks for the response.... I'd love to get this determined....once and for all!!!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  09:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

Thank You very much!!!

Found Manual.... There is no pinout of ADP-097 there! There is a reference to a JTAG programmer, but Support folks Indicated the adapter I need is ADP-097 for a EPM7032 chip..

Was I steeered wrong by support or am I looking for an ADP-097 schematic to compare against the 2x adapters I already have???
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  10:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Email just received indicates that ADP-097 IS the adapter I need, but ignored the fact that I already have 2x PLCC 44 pin to DIP 40 pin adapters that I'm trying to determine are correct for this device..
and my request for proof that the 2x adapters either are Correct, or In-Correct for the EPM7032AELC44-4 device...

I would think that this request should be something easy to determine, one way or another....

Am I missing something Obvious?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  11:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I am off to find a manual then!!! As I did not receive one with unit....
Up till now, I've been using my operational Knowledge of an Old Data i/o 29B as my instructions....
Please post link to manual!!
Thanks for the response.... I'd love to get this determined....once and for all!!!

Easy: https://www.mcumall.com/download/GQUSBPrgrmmerUserGuide4x4.pdf
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  11:24:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by anniel

quote:

Can someone post the Signal names on the GQ-4x4 40 Pin DIP Socket that exist when the EPM7032AELC44-4 is selected?

Found Manual.... There is no pinout of ADP-097 there! There is a reference to a JTAG programmer, but Support folks Indicated the adapter I need is ADP-097 for a EPM7032 chip..

Was I steeered wrong by support or am I looking for an ADP-097 schematic to compare against the 2x adapters I already have???

ADP-097 is the adapter you need and you now have the ZIF pinout to compare with your adapters.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  11:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Email just received indicates that ADP-097 IS the adapter I need, but ignored the fact that I already have 2x PLCC 44 pin to DIP 40 pin adapters that I'm trying to determine are correct for this device..
and my request for proof that the 2x adapters either are Correct, or In-Correct for the EPM7032AELC44-4 device...

I would think that this request should be something easy to determine, one way or another....

Am I missing something Obvious?

You are missing the obvious fact that it is your job to determine if your adapters are a correct substitute for ADP-097.

Nothing we can do if you don't give the pinout of your adapters.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  13:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's exactly what I'm asking for.... If I knew the pin out of the ADP-097 then I'd know which (the 2 don't match... I know that much) would possibly be correct... And if not I could determine what to do next!

Edited by - JanJ on 02/01/2019 02:34:59
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2019 :  14:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's exactly what I'm asking for.... If I knew the pin out of the ADP-097 then I'd know which (they don't match... I know that much) would possibly be correct... And if not I could determine what to do next!

I gave you the pinout, now you can modify one of your adapters to suit your need. That shouldn't be too hard for an ex TV Maintenance Engineer. If you need further instructions for the mod, drop me a line and set aside about 5 minute of time for the actual work.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  02:29:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've sent you an email, because I can't find the data on the site that you sent....
I have the pinout of the chip in question: EPM7032, I just need the info about pinout between the 44 Pin PLCC and 40 Pin Dip... so I can determine which of the two adapters I have is correct, if they are...

Thanks for assistance

Edited by - JanJ on 02/01/2019 02:36:34
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  05:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I've sent you an email, because I can't find the data on the site that you sent....
I have the pinout of the chip in question: EPM7032, I just need the info about pinout between the 44 Pin PLCC and 40 Pin Dip... so I can determine which of the two adapters I have is correct, if they are...

Thanks for assistance

Here you go:

Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  05:43:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK.... What you are sending, and what I asked for, based on what Support has told me is needed.... are 2 separate and different things.....

Support told me I need an ADP-097 to read/write/save a EPM-7032AELC44-4 chip.

I'm trying to see if the pinout of either of my adapters match the ADP-097 .......

And you are saying the adapter I need is the JDAT....

In off chance that I've been told something incorrect by Support....

See this picture of the ADP-097 (https://www.ebay.com/p/Adp-097-Altera-CPLD-Plcc44-to-DIP-JTAG-Adapter/1659717907 )

It doesn't match what you posted!

Is what I posted, and what Support told me on phone and in email..... Match what you posted? No.... ?????

Does the ADP-097 both Read & Write, to a 7032 chip?

Edited by - JanJ on 02/01/2019 05:46:04
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  05:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK.... What you are sending, and what I asked for, based on what Support has told me is needed.... are 2 separate and different things.....

I'm trying to see if the pinout of either of my adapters match the ADP-097 .......

See this picture of the ADP-097 (https://www.ebay.com/p/Adp-097-Altera-CPLD-Plcc44-to-DIP-JTAG-Adapter/1659717907 )

Does what I posted, and what Support told me on phone and in email is correct for a 7032 chip..... Match what you posted? No.... ?????

I Believe I'm still looking for a schematic of the ADP-097 so as to compare it against me 2 existing Adapters...... (I seem to be repetitive)....

Here's some more history on what this is all about:
I'm trying to help someone fix a video Processor. I have same unit, with same options and same boot revision...... Just different serial number.... Mine works, his doesn't...
The MFG of this gear--has been sold 3-4 times, and the product is no longer supported for about 10 years.
$100 would buy a used operational unit, so $100 for an Adapter for an obsolete ic is not at all cost effective....

I bought the Eprom Adapter, and I've got 2 other adapters that fit the 7032 chip... I just don't know if the wiring from PLCC to DIP socket is the same.....

Now, Really..... There is no skin off my nose if I don't get this info....
MY VIDEO PROCESSOR WORKS, and I have a Spare!!

I'm just trying to help someone fix their unit... It MIGHT be a corrupted 7032 chip.... and again it might not..... BUT.... $100 for a use once Adapter for an obsolete chip, to 'hopefully' fix a Video Processor you can get used for $100 ---is not at all cost effective...

Edited by - JanJ on 02/01/2019 06:09:32
Go to Top of Page
Reply #14

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  07:13:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No!

quote:
True.

quote:
Ok.

quote:
What adapter are you talking about?!?

quote:
No, they didn't lie to you!

quote:
So, what's your point?

quote:
Of course it does, otherwise it wouldn't function properly!

quote:
Is what I posted, and what Support told me on phone and in email..... Match what you posted? No.... ?????
Yes it does.

quote:
Yes, that's the purpose of ADP-097.

Go to Top of Page
Reply #15

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2019 :  07:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I Believe I'm still looking for a schematic of the ADP-097 so as to compare it against me 2 existing Adapters...... (I seem to be repetitive)....
Post the pinout of your adapters so I can compare, if you are unable to do it yourself.

quote:
Here's some more history on what this is all about:
I'm trying to help someone fix a video Processor. I have same unit, with same options and same boot revision...... Just different serial number.... Mine works, his doesn't...
The MFG of this gear--has been sold 3-4 times, and the product is no longer supported for about 10 years.
It figures.
quote:
$100 would buy a used operational unit, so $100 for an Adapter for an obsolete ic is not at all cost effective....
Unless you offer a repair service or buy defective units to sell them back 100$ once repaired.

quote:
I bought the Eprom Adapter, and I've got 2 other adapters that fit the 7032 chip... I just don't know if the wiring from PLCC to DIP socket is the same.....
Simply compare the pinout, it should not take you more than one or two minutes!

quote:
Now, Really..... There is no skin off my nose if I don't get this info....
You already received the info many times!
quote:
MY VIDEO PROCESSOR WORKS, and I have a Spare!!
So?

quote:
I'm just trying to help someone fix their unit... It MIGHT be a corrupted 7032 chip.... and again it might not.....
What tests did you perform to be so unsure?
quote:
BUT.... $100 for a use once Adapter for an obsolete chip, to 'hopefully' fix a Video Processor you can get used for $100 ---is not at all cost effective...
I somewhat concur.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #16

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  03:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You, Sir, are a Troll,
and an Idiot!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #17

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2019 :  08:41:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You, Sir, are a Troll,
and an Idiot!

Maybe you are since you where given all the info you need to test your adapter and did not provide the things I asked.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #18

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2019 :  03:56:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thanks for assistance

So, did you finally manage to test your adapters to see if the pinouts match ADP-097?!?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #19

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2019 :  04:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this correct for a EPM 7032 chip?

Image Insert:

439844 bytes
Go to Top of Page
Reply #20

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2019 :  05:02:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is this correct for a EPM 7032 chip?

Image Insert:

439844 bytes

Looks fine.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #21

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2019 :  09:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both adapters were for un-named proms. As was a 3rd

Being used to PALs, I was expecting to have all I/O’s
Needed.

Image Insert:

1886054 bytes
Go to Top of Page
Reply #22

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2019 :  12:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I try and read a blank 7032. Set for the chip. Got green check saying chip is selected
And try and read. I get “No File loaded” message.
Can this chip be read?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #23

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  03:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I found another thread where someone was trying to read a different Altera Complex Logic via JTAG, and the result of that thread was that the GQ-4x4 supports Write Only on the JTAG interface?? Not READ???

Is that True? (PLease tell me I'm wrong!)

If that's the case, Why is it that during the phone conversation with Sales regarding the ADP-097 adapter for the EPM7032 chip ------ Why is it that Sales stayed quiet when I specifically told them I need to Read ONE and Duplicate One of these chips? ???

Why is it that when I contacted Support via email regarding this a second time, that they didn't say: "Oh By the way, the JTAG interface is Write Only"....... ???

If that's the case, Why is it that you manual doesn't specify Write Only in the JTAG interface section? ????

If that's the case, I am certainly far happier that I 'adapted' an inexpensive adapter!!! I can imagine how I'd feel had I spent the $100+ for the ADP-097 Adapter, and THEN FOUND that it supports Write Only!!!

It's been a slice..... I'm only out $3-4 and a few pieces of wire wrap wire.... And I learned some new things........

Thank God it's not my broken Processor... !!!!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #24

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  05:54:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Both adapters were for un-named proms. As was a 3rd

Being used to PALs, I was expecting to have all I/O’s
Needed.

Image Insert:

1886054 bytes

Not all I/O are needed for JTAG.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #25

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  05:55:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So I try and read a blank 7032. Set for the chip. Got green check saying chip is selected
And try and read. I get “No File loaded” message.
Can this chip be read?

Probably not, all PLD devices have security features to protect the IP.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #26

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  05:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

So I found another thread where someone was trying to read a different Altera Complex Logic via JTAG, and the result of that thread was that the GQ-4x4 supports Write Only on the JTAG interface?? Not READ???

Is that True? (PLease tell me I'm wrong!)

If that's the case, Why is it that during the phone conversation with Sales regarding the ADP-097 adapter for the EPM7032 chip ------ Why is it that Sales stayed quiet when I specifically told them I need to Read ONE and Duplicate One of these chips? ???

Why is it that when I contacted Support via email regarding this a second time, that they didn't say: "Oh By the way, the JTAG interface is Write Only"....... ???

If that's the case, Why is it that you manual doesn't specify Write Only in the JTAG interface section? ????

If that's the case, I am certainly far happier that I 'adapted' an inexpensive adapter!!! I can imagine how I'd feel had I spent the $100+ for the ADP-097 Adapter, and THEN FOUND that it supports Write Only!!!

It's been a slice..... I'm only out $3-4 and a few pieces of wire wrap wire.... And I learned some new things........

Thank God it's not my broken Processor... !!!!

The person you talked to may not have realized you where dealing with a PLD. There is other ways to copy those chips.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #27

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2019 :  12:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please tell me. Does the GQ-4x4 support reading chips via the JTAG port or not???
Go to Top of Page
Reply #28

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  05:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Please tell me. Does the GQ-4x4 support reading chips via the JTAG port or not???

You know, posting the same question 10 times won't change the answer that was already given; http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6796
Go to Top of Page
Reply #29

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  05:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then why isn't it in the manual?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #30

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  06:16:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Then why isn't it in the manual?

Which manual are you referring to?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #31

JanJ

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  16:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The manual you ignored in the other thread!
You know! The one you sidestepped!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #32

anniel

2529 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  16:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The manual you ignored in the other thread!
You know! The one you sidestepped!

The manual you didn't read in the first place?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.17 sec. Snitz Forums 2000