Problem with AVR Debugwire Ice+ AVRISP MKII 2 in o
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k5nwa

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  08:29:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just received the unit and the AVR studio would recognize it as a AVRJTAG MKII, and was able to program a AVR Mega88, I then tried to burn the same part using DebugWire and that is when things went astray.

The burn failed and now the programmer is totally unresponsive, I tried upgrading the firmware with the version supplied in the CD but it's still the same. Now when I am not using the software the blue light doesn't blink anymore, it's lit solid as lon as there is power.

Help!!

Cecil
k5nwa
"Blessed are the cracked, since they shall let the light in"
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  01:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You may need to get the latest firmware to upgrade.

How do you burn the chip using the DebugWire? I only know the DebugWire is for debug only.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  17:34:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The blue led blinking indicate the programmer is waiting for connection.

The programmer has a build in USB to RS232 comport convertor. So, the AVR Studio will communicate it via a virtual COM port. Not the USB port.

Please check if you upgraded firmware as following procedure:

To upgrade JTAG MKII from AVR Studio 4, you have to copy the jtagicemkii.dat from
the CD directory: "update_Firmware/" to "C:\Program Files\Atmel\AVR Tools\JTAGICEmkII". Then select JTAGICE MKII Upgrade from the Tool menu in the AVR IDE.

Also,the AVR Studio only scan the comport COM1 to COM4 good. If your virtual comport is not in this range. You may want to change the comport number to COM1 to COM4 range. To change the comport number, you may need to release other comport first and then use computer device manager from the control panel, then click the device list item property
to change it.

After upgrade, disconnect and reconnect the programmer again.

Try AVRISP programming mode first:

In Select AVR Programmer window, select JTAG ICE MKII and the comport number you have, then connect.
See attached picture.

[br][br][size=1] 25.98 KB[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.1 sec. Snitz Forums 2000