Novice Place
 Understanding Device Location
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

w2hx

3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  10:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello there. I am trying to understand the device location picture. Below is what I get for a dallas one wire chip. What I can't figure out is:
1. what is the meaning of the red #18 pin? Is that supposed to be pin 1 of the chip?
2. There appears to be a gray dot on pin 20. Is this intended to mean pin 1 of the chip?

This chip, DS28EC20, comes in both a TO-92 form factor (like a transistor, and TSOC form factor. I am assuming this depiction on the device location image is attempting to show the TO-92? To the right, there appears to be something attempting to show the flat side and the convex side of the TO-92, but I can't figure out what it is trying to show.

Any help appreciated. thanks
W2HX

Image Insert:

23884 bytes
Reply #1

anniel

2530 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  10:50:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by w2hx

Hello there. I am trying to understand the device location picture. Below is what I get for a dallas one wire chip. What I can't figure out is:
1. what is the meaning of the red #18 pin? Is that supposed to be pin 1 of the chip?
2. There appears to be a gray dot on pin 20. Is this intended to mean pin 1 of the chip?

This chip, DS28EC20, comes in both a TO-92 form factor (like a transistor, and TSOC form factor. I am assuming this depiction on the device location image is attempting to show the TO-92? To the right, there appears to be something attempting to show the flat side and the convex side of the TO-92, but I can't figure out what it is trying to show.

Any help appreciated. thanks
W2HX

Image Insert:

23884 bytes

That looks like a TO-92 and pin 1 is 20 on the ZIF.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

w2hx

3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  11:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, anniel. Can you tell me what the red 18 signifies? I see this for other chips as well? Thanks again
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

anniel

2530 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  11:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you, anniel. Can you tell me what the red 18 signifies? I see this for other chips as well? Thanks again

It indicates where the device starts on the ZIF as it is rarely at pin 1.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

w2hx

3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  12:19:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaah. ok thank you!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

anniel

2530 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2020 :  13:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

aaah. ok thank you!

You're welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000