smartpro x8 and tsop 48 adapter, verify fails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  07:18:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have smartpo x8 and is reading am29f800bb-90f flash using TSOP48 to dip adapter. The flash has been removed from circuit board for the purpose of reading. everytime i press read button, i find the checksum changes, similarly on writing, the verify fails. the contacts of flash are clean with isopropyl alcohol. i feel if it is possible to reduce the read write speed of X8, maybe results would be better. please advise remidy
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2008 :  20:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are no option for speed adjustment.

I think you may try to add a 10uf capacitor on the adapter between VCC and GND pin and see if it makes difference.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  01:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, thanks i will try this and let you know the results. secondly am29f800bb-90f has boot block in sectors. other programmers offer selective erasing of either erasing only flash memory or erase the complete flash including boot block. how this can be done with smartpro?

on reading a memory, is it possible to just change few values on the buffer and save it on the chip? right now i am doing like read chip, then save it, edit the saved buffer and then write it back.. Please advise
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  01:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you recommend 10 micro capacitor for all other memory as well?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  11:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The capacitor shoud work on all other chips.

Yes. You sis the correct steps to modify the buffer and then write it back.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  20:32:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear zlm, i am using amd am29f800bb-90e in TSOP 48 package. this has VSS on 27, 46 no pins and VCC on 37. So as suggested i connected a 10 micro capacitor between pin no 37 and 27 with proper polarity. There was a very slight improvement in ther pefeormance but still the check sum was varying with every read. by the i am using chips that have been removed from pcb, there pins were cleaned thoroughly before reading. Also programmer verifies the chip id before reading. No loose connections are detected while reading. Please advise where i am doing wrong? This capacitor option is working fine when i used them on other plcc chips such at A27C4096, results of verification are very stable.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2008 :  20:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear zlm, further, i have noticed during verification the data fails between "00" and "FF". I mean either buffer shows "00" and chip has "FF" or Vice versa. This observation may help you in suggesting a better solution.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  00:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looks like a power issue, try a better power supply? Put programmer in a closed metal box when programming/verification?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #8

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2008 :  11:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear zlm, by power supply do you mean the mains electicity or the smps power adapter of smartproX8? should i change the smps adapter with other known good one?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #9

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2008 :  11:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is smps power adapter of smartproX8. But this problem is very hard to identify. It may be programmer design related or chip related.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #10

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:29:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear zlm, i tried on new chips and same thing happened. i also tried a new smps adapter but no sucess. i noticed one strange thing. i attached new chip, filled buffer with random data, programmed it into the chip, did verification it passed. then i used my hex file, programmed it and verification failed. Also smartpro manufacturer has released a new software for with new GUI and now allows to protect or erase boot sectors. in this new software many old chips are missing. the firmware version is different. Do we need to upgrade the firware of X8. if yes please advised detailed procedure. regards
Go to Top of Page
Reply #11

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  09:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also can you suggest a way to clean the adapter with Yamaichi socket. May be the contacts are dirty and there is some kind of electrical noise??
Go to Top of Page
Reply #12

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  22:58:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use liquid cleaner. Such as "DeoxIT". You can use a multimeter to check the contact.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #13

vishaldotgupta

India
38 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  10:58:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i learnt from programtec that it was a SW bug and has been fixed in new release. i am yet to try it out. regards
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000