TOP USB Programmer
 Help me choose a programmer for my needs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tecno

9 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  06:12:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi people, I'm here to ask for your help in choosing a programmer that suits my needs.

I need a programmer for chiptuning, I need it to support reading/writing/erasing the following eproms/eeproms in DIL28 format:
- 27C256
- 27C512
- 27E512
- 27SF512

I will need it to use USB for both power and data transfer, since I'll be using it on the go, and my laptop does only support USB and not Parallel port and I might not have a power plug near by.

I will need it to work with WinXP and to supply all voltages needed for the previous 4 eproms/eeproms I've mentioned, to be able to read/program and erase them.

It would also be great if the programmer could automaticly identify the chips I used and adapt to them.

Any of the TOP Programmers support all these needs of mine ?
Wich ones would you recommend ?
Thanks.

Best Regards
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  15:25:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOP2005 will work for you.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

Tecno

9 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  16:47:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

TOP2005 will work for you.

Thanks for the reply ! :)

Will TOP 2005 suply the 21v needed for some of these devices, out of just the 5v the USB line gives for example ?

What are the big differences between the TOP 2004 and 2005 models in regards to what I need ?

Please reply and thanks for your help.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  19:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TOP2005 has build in DC-DC step up convertor. So, it is able to provide 21V programming voltage.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

gsilvernail

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2006 :  09:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be very cautious if contemplating a TOP programmer. I just purchased a TOP2005 and I am having various problems that all seem to be associated with software/firmware. I'm running XP with all the latest service packs; The issues are;

Inconsistant USB Junga driver problems that manifest themselves as access viloation warnings when trying to reconnect programmer beyond the first run.

Communication errors reported and yet it can see and report the model number and serial number of the TOP2005 programmer; and yes the green READY LED is on.

Suck A-- web site for software downloading www.ty51.com. I believe they are using 9600 baud modem. Continually hangs do to time out.

What is the latest greatest software version for the English version?

Purchased direct from China and they did ship quick but I believe it was a waste of time and cash. If anyone has some guidance I would greatly appreciate it...where is the correct software...do others have these problems

Pre-Thanks

GeneS
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

Chester_Pete

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  02:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a TOP2048 and had quite a few problems in getting it working with older chips.

Now its stopped working altogether - so much for over-current protection :( I'm pretty anoyed - only had it for 6 months.
Its definately bust - I can test logic ICs etc so I know the USB is OK. However no eprom can be read now and I've checked the zif socket.
Because I bought it on EBAY, I've got no real warranty.

I was thinking of buying a TOP2005 but reading your post makes me think differently because it has the same software problems.
After the time I've spent on this device getting it to work, I wouldn't recomend this range of programmers. However I do want one which is software driven as I don't want to mess about with DIL switches.
Where to go now - Anyone got one replaced before?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

bram380

Indonesia
19 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2006 :  21:17:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use EasyPro 80B,
it's nice programmer.
English version software & auto update.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

Chester_Pete

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2006 :  12:28:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I've replaced the Top2048 with an ELNEC Top+.
Its an awesome programmer - Dial what you want - it does it - recomended with lots of info. Didn't buy it new but got it cheap off EBAY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000