Hi, All!

I am going to program following parts:
-AT27C512A
-AT27C512R
-27SF512
-AT49F512
-AT29CS12
-29F800B-90 PFTN

Unfortunately, browsing this forum I understand that presence of a particular part in a "Supported IC" list does not guaranty a successful programming.
So, I would like to ask you following question. Which of two programmers (Enhanced and Dual voltage) can deal with all above listed parts with minimal intervention into a programmer's schematics? (I desire no modifications at all )

Thank you!

Have not programmed yet.

Edited by - krym2006 on 02/13/2006 10:45:49
Reply #1

DL

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  18:36:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

It depends on what you're going to do with the EPROMs you program. If it's a non-critical application, the dual powered programmer will work.

If lives could be at risk (i.e. engine controllers), you should find a programmer that has more VCC options. You should program at VCC=6-6.25V (the dual powered board may have this option -- I can't remember off hand). You should blank check at 50mV below VCC(min). No stock Willem-based programmers have this option.

I have modified several different programmers to give more control over VCC options, but you have to give up the USB power option.

HTH,
Dennis
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

krym2006

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  10:44:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not going to work on critical applications.

However, why not an Enhanced Willem Universal? According information on MCUmall it has similar functionality except possibility to use an AC/DC adaptor. Is it so important?

I am thinking about Enhanced programmer because it has build-in PLCC socket. Also, its set of sockets looks richer. Am I wrong?

Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  11:07:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the devices should be supported by Enhanced willem programmer. However, the Enhanced willem only have fixed 5V Vcc. If you are going to write NMOS chips in the futrue, it will not work. Such as 2716,2732,2764 EPROMs.

For more info please see: http://www.mcumall.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000