New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marsh

4 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2009 :  19:54:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
system: True USB Pro GQ-4X with GQ USB programmer v5 software

Hello,

I have written some code for a motorola 6808 processor which must reside in a 2716 (2k) eeprom starting at logical address 7800 (hex).

To do this I have used the org 7800 pseudo-op. When I load the assembled S file into memory of the GQ USB programmer v5 software and look at address 7800, I see my code. However, if I first select a 2716 eeprom as the device and then load the code, I see only the first 2k of registers (0-07FF).

My problem is that I need to load the code at logical memory address 7800-78FF into physical address 0000-00FF of the eeprom. I assume that device offset should be used for doing this but when I enter 7800 into the devce offset... nothing seems to change.

Please help me understand how I can load a program with one logical address range into an eeprom with a smaller physical address range.

Thanks!
Tim
Reply #1

marsh

4 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  09:29:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay... so I guess I can cut and paste the code from the logical address to the correct physical address but then what is "Device Offset" for? Anyone know? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2009 :  14:21:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Device Offset is used when writting the code into a device. The first data in buffer will start to write from the Device Offset address specified.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

marsh

4 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  10:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay... I get it now. It would be great to have an option where you can select the starting address in the buffer to start dumping to the device. This way I could dump logical address 7800 (in the buffer) to physical address 0000 in the eeprom without having to cut and paste everything. Just a suggestion that would be welcomed.
Thanks.
Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.13 sec. Snitz Forums 2000