PCB45 - Atmel 49LV1614
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

c9679

5 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2006 :  14:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hello,

I was wondering if someone would be kind enough to help me please cos im absolutely stuck... Im a completely Newbie lol

I have a PCB45 Programmer, its by Sivava I bought it because I really needed to programme a AT49LV1614 atmel, however I cant seem to get it to work, I have been through all the software and every bit of text that came with the programmer to try and get it to work, however I cant seem to get it to erase any of these chips or write to them

When I ID one of the Chips I get Manufacturer as Hitachi however I dont get any device code. I cant erase the chip I get a Erase Fail message after it gets to 100% and I get a Write failed message straight away when writting "Error at 0x000001 Chip=0x07 Buffer=0xD1"
I have the Dip settings set as displayed in the willem software "Willem Eeprom PCB45(0.98D5)" I have tried a few setting on the programmer, have tried it with USB power and with a power supply. Have a jumper on VPP 3V6 is Open on both the Programmer and the Tsop Adapter. Pleaseeeeeeeeeee someone help me, I dont know what else to try cant seem to find anything else for this programmer on any other site :(
Reply #1

BlueSky

14 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2006 :  13:06:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your chip not been erased. So, it fails on write.You have to have a successful erase and pass the blank check before write any thing new.

Get the correct ID is the first step. If it does not, then you need find out why.

Then erase the chip. some chip need more than one erase action to get to be erased successfully.

Edited by - BlueSky on 03/29/2006 13:07:11
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

c9679

5 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2006 :  04:34:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So do u have any suggestions on how I can get the programmer set up please to correctly read and write to the chip, have tried a few settings, im just not too sure about which jumpers to change or set on the programmer, there is 2 3V6 jumpers one on the Tsop and one on the main programmer, theres a VPP, A18 jumper, a few jumpers for voltage which are set to Normal and there is a series of jumpers JP1 & JP2 these have the option of Normal, 2732, 2716, 2816, i28F001, AT29C256, Erase W27C/SST27xxx only... These are currently set to Normal... I cant seem to find any guides on how to set up this jumper for this Atmel though I also have the option of software for PCB45 or PCB38 I have tried both... I only get Hitach as the manufacturer when ID'ing no other device codes. I have tried emailing Sivava and cant get a responce :(
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

BlueSky

14 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  00:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I do not have Willem 4.5 version programmer. I only have dual power willem and Enhanced willem.

I believe only one 3.6V should be selected. The board one should be better, but my dual power programmer is working well which I only set the 3.6V on TSOP adapter.
The Vpp A18 jumper should set on Vpp. Which is default setting. JP1 and JP2 should be on normal position.

The willem 4.5 should be working on this chip since it is designed for TSOP48 chip.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

c9679

5 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2006 :  04:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Im not too sure which programmer I have though, it is dual power I can either use USB or an Adapter power supply, however it says on the board PCB45??? Would this be the Willem enhanced as I cant seem to find the same programmer anywhere else, it was sent to me by someone I ordered the willem 4.5 that didnt work so they sent this in replacement... I have tried all the standard settings above and have removed one 3v6 jumper and that gave the same results also tried it with both but keep just getting the same results... :(
Go to Top of Page
Reply #5

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  00:42:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCB45 is the version of your programmer. It is not the Dual Power or Enhanced willem. Anyway, it should support the the chip. Otherwise you may check the hardware if it is defective.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #6

c9679

5 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  05:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could you please help me check the hardware because the first programmer which was a Willem 4.5 that I was sent by the same person was also faulty, if possible could you tell me how to check the hardware please???

Sorry for all the questions thank you for your help
Go to Top of Page
Reply #7

c9679

5 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2006 :  05:43:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also im using a 12V 1200mA power supply, this should be adequate shouldnt it???
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.12 sec. Snitz Forums 2000