TOP USB Programmer
 Top2005 will not program 2716 and 2732
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eavedesian

8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  19:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got this thing with the hopes of programming some of this older stuff. Well it doesn't even attemp to program 2716 chips and I have to keep hitting the program button on 2732 like 20 times before it gets through the whole thing without an error.

I've read all of the stuff here on the other people that have this same issue and turing off the current setting doesn't help. When I hit program on the 2716 I get the quick flicker where the programmer says ok but nothing was written. It will read chips fine but nothing seems to program.This programs all of the newer cmos stuff fine but this older nmos stuf does not want to program!!!!

Also, when I attemp to test ttl chips some of them always show bad like 74237,240, and 245.

Is this what I have to look forward to with this piec of garbage? If so I'm going out to buy another manufacturer.....
Reply #1

eavedesian

8 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2006 :  21:11:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was able to get an older version of the software and now I can burn 2716 chips.

The most recent software revision is 2.21. The one that works is 1.20. Does anyone know if this software will ever be right? I'm thinking of going with a pp2 or a needham.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  01:25:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What older version of software you got? and where did you get it?
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

eavedesian

8 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2006 :  06:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ZLM

What older version of software you got? and where did you get it?

My post states 1.20. I'm not sure "where" I got it but 2716 chips work like a breeze.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.11 sec. Snitz Forums 2000