TOP USB Programmer
 Top853 Burn problems...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AjGreenberg

3 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2007 :  09:36:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, so I've been using this for about 6 months now with NO problems, then the other day the damm thing just stopped burning.

I can read any 27C256 (my normal burn), however when I go to burn, I get an error like (error! prog = 0e, chip = ff)

**(yes, these are clean blank eproms) I even tried this on a few ATMEL 29C256 chips with the same results. The funny thing is the burner will not erase the whole chip either, only partially.

I have tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling the software, only to get the same error.

I even tried deleting the .cfg file, and in uninstalled the usb driver from the device manager.

I'm at a loss now and went back to my xtronics PP2 for the time being. I really need the top853 to work as I do a lot of work on the go. I'm beginning to believe the burner took the proverbial dump and is a gonner...

Help?!

Edited by - AjGreenberg on 01/16/2007 09:39:19
Reply #1

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  01:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
programmer problem. You need a replacement or repair.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

AjGreenberg

3 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2007 :  21:05:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I decided to give it another try on my other laptop and it works fine there. So something has run amuck on my programming laptop. I'm thinking it was the IE7 upgrade that caused its demise. I will post more once I ghost my laptop back to WinXP-SP2.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000