Getting Started
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulpenn

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2007 :  17:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought a used programmer which appears to be a Dual Power Willem/PCB3B, as it matches the picture posted here exactly. From the date codes on the chips, I'd guess it was made in 2002. I'm having trouble getting started, as I did not find any sort of user manual or instructions here. I downloaded the epr097ja.zip software. Is that the one I should use on Windows XP SP2 with the PCB3B?

What should be turned on first, the computer or the programmer? Plugging in the power to the programmer with no computer connection lights only the yellow Vdd LED, as I would expect. I believe I have the correct cable, a printer extention cable with all 25 pins wired straight-through. Connecting the computer and plugging in the programmer produces all three LED's on, so I immediately unplugged the power as the 7805 tab got hot quickly. I'm connecting to a ThinkPad T-23 notebook computer. The switches and jumpers are set up for a 2716 EPROM as shown on the software screen.

I'd appreciate any help to get started using this device.

Reply #1

paulpenn

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2007 :  14:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking to myself

I found the manual in the answer to another thread at:

Fiddling around with the parallel port settings on my notebook computer finally fixed the problem with all three LED's on. Not sure exactly, but it seemed to start working after changing the setting in Windows to "always use interrupt".

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.09 sec. Snitz Forums 2000