MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 MCUmall Forums
 True USB Willem Programmer (GQ-2X,3X,4X & GQ-4x4)
 USBPrg interface bug
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gwhiteside

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  04:43:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I just received my GQ-4X in the mail. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, service pack 1. I installed the latest version of USBPrg (6.27) and ran into this problem.

I seem to be encountering the same bug described in this post. USBPrg starts up fine and detects my GQ-4X, but the configuration panel on the right-hand side is completely obscured by what seems to be a text area that can't be typed in. Resizing the window or selecting a new device causes the window contents to briefly appear during the redraw, but then it's immediately covered again.

By moving the mouse cursor around in the window I can tell where some of the interactive controls are when hovering over them. Clicking causes the selected control to appear, but again, they all disappear when the whole window redraws.

You'll note in the screenshots that the previous version (6.26) is running; I attempted installing that (after uninstalling 6.27) after reading the suggestion in the other post, but the problem affects that version as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll try to track down and install some more older versions (if available) to see if any of those work correctly.

Thanks!
Reply #1

gwhiteside

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  05:04:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: that didn't take too long. I found that version 6.25 is the latest that runs without the GUI issue. That's relatively recent and will work fine for me for now, but obviously it's not ideal. There's still a bug that was introduced in 6.26 that will need to be fixed before I can use anything newer.

I'll continue checking this post in case you need more information from me or if you need me to test a new build or anything.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #2

kisk

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2014 :  19:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just received mine as well and having this issue with v6.27

Win7 x64
Go to Top of Page
Reply #3

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2014 :  00:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Windows 7 update bug. Works on Win 8.

But should check the software anyway can fix it in Win 7.
Go to Top of Page
Reply #4

ZLM

2937 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2014 :  00:01:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try Re6.28

You can download it from download page now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MCUmall EPROM BIOS Chip Burner Forum © Copyright 2003 - 2009 Mcumall Electronics Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Generated in 0.08 sec. Snitz Forums 2000